the big hello and the little plan

Okay, I have been on these boards for a few months now but have not properly introduced myself.

My name is Nicholas. Friends call me Nique, or Zool, or M200 or Weimar or Woody or Wild Woody.
I am one 3rd of a comedy company, known as The Three Reichs. We have been around for three years now doing stand up and plays, website coming sometime this summer.

I am a writer. Anyway, I have an ulterior motive for this thread. I want to write something every day this summer (exams have just finished, so now is the start). If I just say this to myself then nothing will happen. If I say this to the Indie Talk community, then either I do it, or become the community laughing stock (Spatula would obviously move upstairs). I WILL add to my blog thingys every day. You can check my progress if you like, comments (of any nature) are welcome. The spelling and grammar will be weak. I don't care for them now, such problems come after the summer.
This stuff will be off the cuff, raw, unplanned. This will be 100% Zool, riffin'.

Letters from Dad are letters that I have recieved (changed a bit) from my Dad as I know live away at university.

Return to Sender are letters to my future wife (I didn't even know I would have one til this morning!).

I have no idea to which blog I will add every day (either or both of them), but something will be there.

Now come on Woodhouse!!! do something!!!
wish me luck IndieTalk!!!!! here we go :seeya:

Nique who? Oh, Nique Zoo! We're keeping tabs on you - get to work!

Come now, let's not do things by half measures.

If you want real accountability, particularly to an enthusiastic and ruthless group, I suggest you create an opt-in mailing list and send these writings daily.

Yes, I'm mean and nasty... it's the years in management that's done it.

Will Vincent said:
Does this mean our little Zoolie is getting all googly eyed ?? :D

alas Will - my days of romance are far behind me. love is on hold until i am at least 25. oh my god, thats five years away :( thats 365 times 5 letters to my future wife!!!!!!

i almost pity her...if it were not for her fabulous taste in clothing and fiction.

SPaulovich said:
Come now, let's not do things by half measures.

If you want real accountability, particularly to an enthusiastic and ruthless group, I suggest you create an opt-in mailing list and send these writings daily.

Yes, I'm mean and nasty... it's the years in management that's done it.

Interesting point Paul. I will always take advice from those who know their lingo-bingo-jingo and i think I will do this for an upcoming serialised novel. will be in a couple of yrs, but i will do it.
thanks for the idea. :)

Thanks all. Alas, I have recieved some complaints about specific posts that I have made.

I am having to go through a review process with these complainers before I am able to post anything more. :(

To be honest, I am very shocked. I never ever believed that I could offend people so much.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone on these boards since joining.

Also I am sorry if I have been 'overtly sexual, historically inaccurate, dangerous, boaderline criminal and' get this part 'as deranged as the most dangerous minds in history!'

Last edited:
Nique,

God knows I've done my share of 'stirring up the pot' with remarks some may have found offensive. So I guess you'll have to consider the source, when I say: I have been delighted and informed by your posts and threads. I've never seen you exhibit any of the traits you referenced (from the 'complaints'). And I think you know that I'd call you on it if I did.

I hope you continue to post :).

Bird

You sure are one of the more... err... unique
smiley_pac.gif
posters here... but offensive? Nawww.

I say chin up, old boy! :cool:

Poke: I am speaking of blog posts that people took offense to. But those complaints heightened my awareness of my ability to offend. So, I suppose this is a double apology. Just covering all bases I guess. Just hope people don't take what I say too seriously. I love you Poke.

No but really.

Dang - I just can't help myself!

If folks are complaining about blog posts, they have no life. Blogs are meant to be stream of conscious and sometimes people's thoughts are just offensive to others. If I complained everytime I read something offensive on somerandom person's blog I'd have no time to...to...well, to make movies, that's for damn sure.

Don't worry about the haters Nique. There are others out here who appreciate your sense of humor.

Poke

Darn right there! Thanks to a bit of your Hocus, oh Pokus, now I see. And to think they had me feeling so guilty over what I took simple pleasure in doing! Its not like I was raping anyone! Nothing was proved.

Tomorrow, when I awake, they will recieve the full blast of the Zoolio's fountain and font of creation. I never said that before either.

Back