The Best Movies Ever, that No one will ever see!

Two Aussie flicks which are superb (which are loosely tied to one another):

* Flirting

* The Year My Voice Broke

I will post Reviews :)

I can be an IndieTalk Pro Movie Critic lol

It may take a little longer than a week lol But I will post it.

I will post it on the Lobby and The Screenwriting Forum.

Thanks for the Suggestions.

These are the Films I decided to Watch and Review:

Confessions of a Superhero
Shadow of the Vampire
Pups
The Fall
Smoke

I will post threads for each review. Not sure on which forum. Any suggestions.

"JCVD" shocked the crap outta me. Never thought that Jean Claude Van Damme could make me cry. Also, "Lake Of Fire" for one of the best docs I have ever watched.

I love Smoke. And I love the follow up even more, "Blue In The Face." "Blue In The Face" is more of an essay film...it's outtakes and deleted scenes from "Smoke" edited to tell another awesome story interspersed with digital video interviews of real residents of Brooklyn. It's so beautiful the very thought of it is making me cry right now...TONS of fun cameos, too...Jim Jarmusch, Michael J. Fox, John Lurie, Madonna, and Roseanne Barr among others.

Interesting :) Thanks for that. I never knew they made a follow-up to Smoke. I'll check it out.

I just recently picked up a made-for-T.V indie flick called "SUBWAYStories: Tales from the Underground" for 99p in the movie bin at blockbuster. Excellent movie, almost reminded me of Smoke in its many ways. The general atmosphere it created and the down-to-earth feel it had. It was almost like a feel-good movie, even though the stories told where not something to feel good about. I would definitely recommend it if you ever get the chance. You could probably find it online if you try hard enough.

The actual experiences of New York City subway riders are dramatized in a collection of 10 intriguing and very different vignettes. The tales showcase an ensemble of familiar faces, and range from stories of compassion and love to reflections on violence and loss. Among them: a disabled beggar quarrels with a woman and ruins her shoes with his wheelchair, provoking onlookers to wrath and pity; a skittish tourist proves to be her own worst enemy; a newlywed trysts with a mysterious sexpot; a commuter helplessly witnesses a suicide attempt; and, in the most affecting segment, a young woman grieves over her mother's imminent death.

"JCVD" shocked the crap outta me. Never thought that Jean Claude Van Damme could make me cry.

I'm in the same boat. I'm a semi JCVD fan, not for his acting abilities (obviously, lol) but the sheer awesomeness he adds to the ridiculous action scenes and almost always terrible, but amusing one-liners in most of his films.

But JCVD caught me by surprise, big time! I couldn't believe what I was seeing.... Van Damme... Actually acting! That's right... Acting. He pulled it off, better then any of the other movies I had seen that year. How he never won an Oscar for his performance, is beyond me. It's JCVD like we've never seen him before. It's a shame it was never recognized at the box office, and presumably, failed because of it.

Last edited:
if ur interested in ultra-low budget stuff, check out "quiet city" "dance party USA." they are great for what it is worth.

Always great to get more trusted recommendations. :)

I'll add one I saw recently. Totally hilarious but also with a filmmaker theme so I think you folks will like it. I found it on Netflix watch instant, seems like no one has heard of it, but I'm not surprised, given the subject matter, that it wasn't majorly distributed.

The Auteur (2008)
trailer (NSFW):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MN1ik5LtI

You won't regret watching this, I'm not kidding. And don't worry, the film isn't nearly as gratuitous as it could have been :P

Definitely THE FALL

Also my top picks
-Time Crimes
-Primer
-Lady in White (Watch around halloween!)
-2001: A Space Odyssey

I'll recommend more if you'd like. but watch those first.

Back