Syria

I hope you all are having a good day.
I was watching Rt news today and Syria and what's going on right now is really taking my thoughts away from my filmmaking. It feels like this is the start of something big.

Anyway, straight to the point, what is everyone's thoughts on what's going on? Any thoughts, do you think bombing Syria is a good idea..ect.

Of the Indie filmmaking community, I am curious how my peers feel about this.

Any thoughts at all, opinions, ideas of what's to come in our near future here on Earth.

Moderators - Please delete this post.

We do not discuss politics on IndieTalk.

From the "Rules":

We are a group of filmmakers. Politics only serve to divide us. We do not allow political discussions unless they are related to film. If they turn into political bickering, they will be closed.

I come here to get away from political discussions.

There are thousands of sites you can go to if you want to discuss topics like Syria. Please go there.

Last edited:
Write us a two page screenplay about current Syrian events and maybe we can discuss that.

Or even better: post a relevant youtube video and we can discuss the technical merits of its production! :yes:

It's not my intention to start up any sort of controversy here. I figured this is in the lobby, if this doesn't appeal to you, that's a perfectly good opinion. They're all opinions, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if it's deleted, if I've broken some rule.

I understand some people do not like discussing politics, but how else do you suppose I could ask such a question to a like minded style of peoples? Simply stating my side here, I'm aware not everybody thinks alike.

Write us a two page screenplay about current Syrian events and maybe we can discuss that.

Or even better: post a relevant youtube video and we can discuss the technical merits of its production! :yes:
That's how we do it.
Be glad you don't have to sing about it!

In my opinion, as a retired Soldier, there is nothing we can do that will change those peoples minds about anything. My son did three tours in Iraq and finally had enough and got out before they could ship him to Afghanistan. We wasted trillions of dollars and the precious lives of our troops for absolutely nothing. Our so called leadership (Republican and Democrat) missed the adage about those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The British failed in the Middle East, the Russians failed in the Middle East and we now have failed. We are claiming victory and will depart the area leaving it's people to continue to exploit and murder each other with religious abandon. Rant over.

Back