• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Suggest me a logline please

Hi there. Having a lil difficulty coming up with a tight logline. Kindly help please
Synopsis-
Vikram,a 13yr old boy,runs away from his village after getting tired of trying to live upto his father's ideas of honestly,peace and patriotic jingoism. As fate would have it, he ends up becoming an insurgent against the oppresive government. Ten years have passed on since and Vikram after completing his last assignment (of blowing up a railway station) is finally heading back home, hoping to ask for forgiveness from his mother and father. Hoping to get rid of this feeling of guilt that has lived inside him for the past ten years.
His village is still 30 miles from the nearest town and he gets on the last bus of that week.
But midway his bus is attacked by a group of infected-humans/zombies (That year had seen an ant-explosion in the region. Infection has spread from the crop covered in the larvae. Infected humans have developed hive-like mentality and evolved to super organism like ants/bees. They have a "queen" which orders them to do everything. Foragers by nature)
After surviving the attack with 3 other people from the bus he sets out on foot to save his parents.
Weapon-less,shelter-less armed only with the guerilla skills that he learnt being the thing he hated the most,
he would stop at nothing to reach his goal.
Would he able to quench the fire that burns inside him by seeking forgiveness?
What would happen when others know of his true identity?
Would he able to save the lives of closest to a family he has ever made (other surivors)?

Other Members-
Professor- A 40 something old man, who gave up his dream job to be a lecturer in America for helping out young ones of war strife rural india. Hates Insurgent and violence in general. Reminds VIkram a lot of his own dad.

Boy- An orphan who studied in the same school where the professor taught. Parents were casualties of a bomb blast in town. Starts considering Vikram his idol as story progresses.

Woman- In her mid 20s. Recently widowed who was going to get "Sati" a day after.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(practice)
Had seen the ugliest side of humanity as it is.

I guess thats it.

Thank you

Main character, Struggle, Obstacle... all in one sentence gives the main thrust of the story... it also helps you tighten up your script as you can cut just about anything that doesn't come from or move toward the resolution of that trifecta of plotty goodness.

Great premise erasserhead..

think on this..
The "Hive mind zombies" are a metaphor for .. the communistic ideals of the insurgent group he is quitting .. not a big part of the story, but does make for some neat symbolism ...

Also,
this doesnt have to be a "zombie" movie as such. Just a lot of infected, mindless pod people.. net effect is the same.. but zombie has such a stigma associated with it.. good or bad.. .. your choice..

Normally I would say ignore all the interpersonal stuff, but I know family obligations play big in India, so you should include that aspect in our log line.

log line idea..

A returning prodigal son must rescue his estranged family from an inhuman intelligence determined to enslave the human race and perhaps redeem his soul along the way.

Hope this helps

Thanks alot guys.

@wheatgrinder.. you hit the nail on the head sir. actually that is exactly what im going for. hive mind zombies are indeed the metaphor for insurgency he is trying to get leave behind. actually even i dont want it to be just another "zombie" flck but i cudnt come up with any other word till now. I'd just say Infected people or inhuman intelligence as u pointed out..
even though the family obligation thing is there...it aint big part of the story...as he realises b4 the third act that his "quasi family" that he has made on the road is much more imp to him and key to his salvation..hence leading to third act...
i'd like the movie to have an appeal that can get across to people irrespective of cultural diversity...

hope this makes sense.... will be posting pics soon on the 'color palette' thread soon..
thanks once again guys... it really feels like a much needed pat on the back we all need sometimes :D

You still have a family obligation angle, its just that Vikram has a NEW family, maybe your keeping that literal and have a love interest between Vikram and "Woman" and the 13 year old boy makes a "family" ...

Family obligation remains a big part of your story, after all what is "sati" but a perverse interpretation of family obligation?

On the road to redemtion, Vikram must become the man he hates, to save the ones he loves.

I know the "ones" isn't exacly grammatically correct, but it helps the line flow.

Last edited:
Back