Stills Share

Woh! That is awesome. Is it for real? Well, looks like you're really getting that night photography down. You really captured that star filled sky.

That photo is 100% real. In fact there is almost no Photoshop manipulation with the colours I don't think. The reason the tank looks non real I think is because at a 30 second exposure 2 cars drove past during that time, creating different shadows (I planned the photo when cars were going past to light the tank up).

It's getting better. Problem is I think that yellow on the horizon is a major city 150km from me, so I think I really have to travel some distance in order to get better stars

An Aston Martin Vanquish that I raced last month. That is not me behind the wheel.

Attachments

• GH9A5384.jpg
    GH9A5384.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 141
Lucky, you are just incredible with a camera. =)

I saw an Aston Martin parked in front of a Cousins in my little hometown the other day. Probably the first time I'd ever seen one in person. Probably up from Chicago, or something. =P

Last edited:
Lucky, you are just incredible with a camera. =)

I saw an Aston Martin parked in front of a Cousins in my little hometown the other day. Probably the first time I'd ever seen one in person. Probably up from Chicago, or something. =P

Thank-you. I do love an Aston Martin.

First one:

Fisherman%202.jpg

ISO 100, 35mm, f/4.5, shutter speed set to 1/100.

Second one:

Flip.jpg

ISO 100, 40mm, f/7.1 and shutter speed set to 1/100.

The guy ate sand when he landed that! :lol:

Here is one of a model that I shot last month. This pic was taken after the shoot was over. We were on the roof of a downtown parking garage.

Attachments

• GH9A6023.jpg
    GH9A6023.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 152
Here is one of a model that I shot last month. This pic was taken after the shoot was over. We were on the roof of a downtown parking garage.

The contrast is too high, there is no detail in the highlights and the shadows. The blacks are completely washed, there are no details in the boots :/.

Super photos, Intuitive and Lucky Hardwood. You're both amazing and in a class way above me. But I'll keep trying. Let's not forget the fun in photography, Artist. =)

picture.php

The contrast is too high, there is no detail in the highlights and the shadows. The blacks are completely washed, there are no details in the boots :/.

Thanks for the comments. It was shot with no modifiers on the roof of a concrete parking garage in bright sunlight. The high contrast was by choice. The boots are velvet and do not resolve well without being lit properly. As I said in the initial post, this was just a chance shot after the actual photo-shoot (an out-take). All of the gear except my camera was already packed up. I am planning a couple of more shots with the same model in the future.

ETA: I'm not being defensive, I'm simply explaining the reasons for some of the things you critiqued.

Can't say I really know anything about photography, but I decided to test my new Konica Hexanon 40mm whilst waiting for an afternoon plane (was moving cities).

and a couple I took the night before from my old room

an attempt at free lensing

Last edited:
Back