Social Brain Wave: News

This will make you laugh but the MetalRenard you have in featured channels on there is my backup/alternative account. That's why it only has 1 subscriber rather than how ever many I have right now (which is much more than 1! :D).
Any chance you could change it please? It should be linked to "http://youtube.com/metalrenardmusic"
i.e. "music" is the extra word needed. Thanks!

Thanks.
And that's ok, we should just work on collaborating together like you and I did for your 2 episodes there to build a working relationship. hopefully others will see the benefits and take on a serious role later on... I guess.

We have a shoot on the 16th, weather permitting. Will look to fix some of the flaws of the last taping. I agree about collaborating. We are small enough right now to help each other.

Okay, this is the FINAL EDIT. I did some mild color correction. Now, instead of Massive amounts of overpowering red I just have visual noise. Yay! I think it is time to upgrade equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGbm38OQHQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqp_l70goM

I have some questions, and I'd also like to offer my help because I like the idea behind this point source of cross promotion. Since I'm somewhat limited in what I can do I'm not asking for anything in return.

First off, I would be more than happy to get a sidebar banner ad placed at zero cost on the Delura website that links to the central hub of the Social Brain Wave (or, links to a Social Brain Wave member's site).

Secondly, Social Brain Wave is going to need some kind of presskit due to its highly integrated nature. It will need to work with any website so that every contributor/member/volunteer can place them on their blogs/sites/whatever to help the cross promotion effort along. The big idea is that everyone is using the same graphics/images to get some kind of link/familiarity factor going.

Finally, is any kind of logo, graphic, or typeface established concerning branding? Are there any sketches/concepts yet?

I have some questions, and I'd also like to offer my help because I like the idea behind this point source of cross promotion. Since I'm somewhat limited in what I can do I'm not asking for anything in return.

First off, I would be more than happy to get a sidebar banner ad placed at zero cost on the Delura website that links to the central hub of the Social Brain Wave (or, links to a Social Brain Wave member's site).

Secondly, Social Brain Wave is going to need some kind of presskit due to its highly integrated nature. It will need to work with any website so that every contributor/member/volunteer can place them on their blogs/sites/whatever to help the cross promotion effort along. The big idea is that everyone is using the same graphics/images to get some kind of link/familiarity factor going.

Finally, is any kind of logo, graphic, or typeface established concerning branding? Are there any sketches/concepts yet?

I added you to the SBW youtube page.

I added you to the SBW youtube page.

Thanks!

By the way, I had some ideas for the Social Brain Wave Logo... I keep getting images of some dude with glasses touching his mind and blasting through a brick wall. I dunno if it really communicates the purpose, it is the only idea that has stuck in my head since I brainstormed about it. Or it could utilize the look of a neural network in the idea?

just throwing stuff on the table here.

Thanks!

By the way, I had some ideas for the Social Brain Wave Logo... I keep getting images of some dude with glasses touching his mind and blasting through a brick wall. I dunno if it really communicates the purpose, it is the only idea that has stuck in my head since I brainstormed about it. Or it could utilize the look of a neural network in the idea?

just throwing stuff on the table here.

Tanadrine, welcome!!

I like your idea. What if while touching his mind, he carries a camera low or slightly to the side with the "waves" eminating from the lens towards the wall, blasting it apart. With maybe a "youtube" style tattoo on his arm, or maybe rather just the slightest hint of the "youtube" logo having been on the wall that was just shattered. Kind of a "we just blasted through this social media barrier" feel????

New vid: Places of Nature - River Haze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDkIxhAgZzw

For this one I followed a mild modification of Lewis McGregor's bitrate directions in his tutorial: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=304577#post304577

From Adobe Premier Elements 10 I first saved it to my computer's hard drive, rather than just uploading it as per normal.
A 75 bitrate made the file too big, so I kicked it down to 68.
Then I saved it again onto the hard drive using a MP4-H264 1920x1080p 30fps preset.

The 68 bitrate file is 1,285,437KB and took 78minutes to upload (ZSHEEEESH!)
The MP4-H264 1920x1080p 30fps preset file is 598,403KB and took 25min to upload
When I upload straight from the NLE the files are... sh!t. I really don't know, youtube doesn't have stats on that, but they only take about <9min to upload.

Here's the 25min upload preset version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHNtO5283KI

Now, I've got a fairly nice 21" HD monitor, and maybe that wasn't the crispest subject to record on definitely not the snappiest camera around, but I can't tell sh!t between the two.

Maybe I oughta try this on a sharper subject before asking anyone to give a serious A/B comparison.

Thanks. I am wondering if Social Brain Wave should be more of a forum or Social Network of content marketers with DangerTheatre.com as the page featuring the videos. SBW sounds more like a society of free thinkers with DT as the fruit of their dangerous alliance.

I read your post this morning and decided to wait and let the idea sink in before saying what I thought. This is just my view of course, and I may be short sighted or whatever, feel free to disagree. :)

I think SBW is an entity in its own right, a figure head for anyone in this little selected group which could allow us to have a kind of synergy. A forum would mean getting rid of that to an extent, what's the point of having a forum if we all met on this forum anyway?
No, I think SBW should be a small group of people who want to work closely together, not a social network.
I'm ok with DT being the front door and I like your metaphor of "society of free thinkers", but I don't think we should devalue or turn SBW away from what it -can- be: an alliance.

That doesn't mean people can't join. By all means, invite people and don't limit with who you work with to this group in any way. I just like the idea of smaller individuals pulling in the same direction rather than trying to swim on their own in an ocean of free media.

P.S. 17k views on G&G? Wow, how did you do it?

Last edited:
I read your post this morning and decided to wait and let the idea sink in before saying what I thought. This is just my view of course, and I may be short sighted or whatever, feel free to disagree. :)

I think SBW is an entity in its own right, a figure head for anyone in this little selected group which could allow us to have a kind of synergy. A forum would mean getting rid of that to an extent, what's the point of having a forum if we all met on this forum anyway?
No, I think SBW should be a small group of people who want to work closely together, not a social network.
I'm ok with DT being the front door and I like your metaphor of "society of free thinkers", but I don't think we should devalue or turn SBW away from what it -can- be: an alliance.

That doesn't mean people can't join. By all means, invite people and don't limit with who you work with to this group in any way. I just like the idea of smaller individuals pulling in the same direction rather than trying to swim on their own in an ocean of free media.

P.S. 17k views on G&G? Wow, how did you do it?

What he said...
I agree, it was started for a kind of special reason, and us little fish could use a group setting like this to both help out and be helped out. Sort of like the Humane Society helping stray dogs, who in turn make the Humane Society necessary...? Does that even make sense?

Back