top-list So bad it's good!

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Okay here's your So Bad It's Good Top However-many!

Tired cliches, extra cheese, horrible effects, horrendous acting, or on the nose dialog... what makes a film so bad it's good to you?!

I'm not sure if your #1 or #10 is the best, I mean worst, I mean... oh forget it, just... go! :lol:

Welll the best example of a film thats so bad its good I can think of is
The Secret Life of Plants

This scientist with electrodes is convinced that plants have psychic powers.
This isn't a sci-fi movie it's a legit DOCUMENTARY with an original soundtrack by stevie wonder.

Definitely best watched in a group of jokers so you can mock the film - it would be horrendous to watch it alone.
Here's an except from one of the musical sections

I think the legit ridiculousness of this authentic documentary piece is what makes it so incredible.

Last edited:
"Plan 9 From Outer Space," directed by the infamous Ed Wood is considered one of the worst films of all time, so, of course, it was a cult classic for many Midnight Madness* screenings in the 70s and 80s. People used to get wasted out of their faces and laugh their butts off.

Around Christmas another real baddy that was shown was "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."

*Midnight Madness were films shown at midnight at the local cineplex aimed at the party crowd. "The Harder They Come," "Reefer Madness," Led Zeppelins "The Song Remains The Same" and "Eraserhead" (with "Bambi Meets Godzilla" and "Asparagus" as the opening shorts) were staples. Others included the original "Night Of The Living Dead," "The Gods Must Be Crazy," Pink Floyds "The Wall" and "Pink Flamingos."

My favorite two are CRIMINALLY INSANE and GALAXY INVADER. The first movie, I've seen around 30 times. It has the most insane dialogue and political incorrectness. Some examples:

Dr Gerard - "Ethel, you've missed three electroshock treatments in a row and I want to know the reason for it!" (28:45 mark)

Rosalie - "I guess she's better off sleeping with that little brown man than being drunk all the time." (18:17 mark)

The sister's boyfriend is also her pimp.

Rosalie - "If you love me so much, how come you beat the hell out of me?" (26:50 mark)

John the boyfriend - "Rosalie I'm going to be honest with you. You need a good beating once in a while. All women do. And you especially."

Rosalie thinks about that a second, then starts passionately hugging and kissing him

The movie is chock full of this kind of dialogue, plus it's about an overweight woman who will kill anyone who tries to put her on a diet! CRIMINALLY INSANE (1975) was followed by a sequel, CRIMINALLY INSANE 2 (1987). 40 plus years later, it was remade as CRAZY FAT ETHEL, in 2016.

I linked to the part where Ethel meets the pimp boyfriend, John. Watch from 32 min - 34 min for some more zany conversations. The "makeup slap" scene is amazing.

Here'e the end of GALAXY INVADER. Watch the part where the farmer's wife smacks him off the cliff that wasn't in any preceding shot. Also a great scene is where the farmer pulls his shotgun on the daughter!

Welll the best example of a film thats so bad its good I can think of is
The Secret Life of Plants

This scientist with electrodes is convinced that plants have psychic powers.
This isn't a sci-fi movie it's a legit DOCUMENTARY with an original soundtrack by stevie wonder.

Definitely best watched in a group of jokers so you can mock the film - it would be horrendous to watch it alone.
Here's an except from one of the musical sections

I think the legit ridiculousness of this authentic documentary piece is what makes it so incredible.

OMG This new article that came out đŸ˜„

OMG This new article that came out đŸ˜„

Does that mean when I rip out kale plants and toss them in the trash with an innocent "damn rabbits must have gotten them again". those anguished tortuous cries are actually from innocent kale and not flashbacks from the 60's?

"It's me... Dave."
"Dave's not here, man."

Back