sniped me an AT835B for $125

Man I love bid-o-matic!

seems like a good buy at $125. Is it?

Iv been needing a shotgun for outdoor use..

Got my Octava 012 for indoor, and this for outdoor.

(im working on a better mic, but thats a longer term thingy..)

Last edited:
Do you mean the AT835b or the AT8035? The AT835b hasn't been made for a while, but is comparable to the AT8035. The AT835b went for about $175 new, the AT8035 currently goes for about $225.

The ME66 is a nicer mic and would be a better buy at $200. Just a personal observation, the ME66 is a little thin sounding for my taste (most probably would not notice).

BUYER BEWARE! Not too many folks - at least in the audio community - give up any mics; they just keep adding to their mic closet. So be absolutely sure that you can return the mic(s) if they are damaged or not working properly.

Last edited:
Microphones specifically. I still have every mic I've purchased since I was about 20.

There are mics made in the 30's and 40's that command premium prices - they still sound absolutely awesome.

I know, Im still kicking my self in the head for letting go of an original sure 55(elvis mic) that I found mixed up with the hair dryers and curling irons, at Goodwill (it really blended in, I missed it on the first pass) cost me $2. I took it home, it worked perfectly, sounded interesting, I sold it for $100 on ebay later that week.

Back