Skateboarding and Cats

"Awesome-o...not cool, totally layyyme"

Brilliant. Chicaahgo has promise, it does indeed. I believe we could muster up something great. I'm thinking a strong solitary character based Documentary. A contrived Documentary that is, unless it is that we fall upon the story of civilian like no other.

Thoughts?

:lol: Yes. And he just can't figure out why he can't find a place to farm in the city. He's always writing letters with quills and such and sending them by owl to his girlfriend in England. (I like the idea of lots of mixed metaphors)

Until he meets a local American who is a con artist willing to sell him a farm.

(We can call the film 'From Farm to Farm' or something of the sort.)

Last edited:
Oh, are we Chicago now? Ok, id love to include the whale and dolphin tank in shed aquarium. its beautiful with the glass wall behind it and seems like it extends all the way into lake michigan.

Hahaha, If you look like Lewis from Gangs of New York, i will :seeya:

and sorry, i couldnt resist but bring the thread full circle... or half circle really...

He's a handsome fellow, may you be struck down by nearest Milk-float! Although the moustache is evidently less becoming than it was in its prime. Perhaps a Tom Hanks "Cast Away" look, or the facial pleasantires of the frontman of "Iron & Wine".

Yark, a shark...with a beard.

I'm pretty sure I got the Best Dressed award on lockdown.

AwesomeO1.jpg

PS -- I happen to know some very good actors and actresses who live in Chicago. Also, Chicago-style hot dogs are delicious.

Nice. But I was gonna vote for Zen.

ZenSteve.jpg

And I'm itching to use those friends of yours :) Maybe you should hook me up with their info? FB or whatnot?

Oh, are we Chicago now? Ok, id love to include the whale and dolphin tank in shed aquarium. its beautiful with the glass wall behind it and seems like it extends all the way into lake michigan.

You mean "Chicaaahgo"?

Whereever we can develop the IndieMeet crew to it's fullest, is where we'll be. Although, Sahsage pizza is sounding pretty damn sweet.

Oh i dont deny he's handsome. I was only talking about Bill the Butcher being scary as hell!

That's true, i had a storyboard artist sketch from her perception, a character from a feature i was working on late last year. The input i gave, was frivelous at best. "Bill the Butcher" arrived on the sheet infront of me. I feared for the pants, of my cowering imagination.

You mean "Chicaaahgo"?

Whereever we can develop the IndieMeet crew to it's fullest, is where we'll be. Although, Sahsage pizza is sounding pretty damn sweet.

Yeah. Even though ppl from IT have met and collaborated together before, i must say for those of us who have not, it'll be a little surreal the first day. In a fun way, im sure.

The tricky part is figuring out, and agreeing on, some kind of organized structure. Right now, there's too many cooks in the kitchen. I thnk it safe to say that the people involved in this thread would be pretty much unanimous, in selecting a screenwriter (no pressure, Chuck). But, which of his works do we produce? And who's directing?

Dready, I'd gladly recommend some people to you. That might require some Facebooking:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/crackerfunk

Yeah. Even though ppl from IT have met and collaborated together before, i must say for those of us who have not, it'll be a little surreal the first day. In a fun way, im sure.

No doubt. I wonder if we can hire out a local theatre and get the end product screened for our own viewing pleasure. It'd top the meet off nicely.

We'll start to hash some ideas out soon.

We've just re-situated to another city, cutting ourselves off from the majority of our network, for the meantime, as we churn out some low-budget material. The longest day of phone-calls to the few existing, and the future contacts for crew/actors we're hoping to make here.

Strangely exhausting.

The tricky part is figuring out, and agreeing on, some kind of organized structure. Right now, there's too many cooks in the kitchen. I thnk it safe to say that the people involved in this thread would be pretty much unanimous, in selecting a screenwriter (no pressure, Chuck). But, which of his works do we produce? And who's directing?

I believe, a fresh idea, or a complete agreeance of an existing idea is the solution. We're all open-minded enough to contribute, and better still, to listen to those contributions, both on and off the set. But the predicament revolving who gets which title, for me, would naturally arise somewhere amidst our planning. For example, we would access the style of the work, to the person and his/her capabilities.

Although, with that said, i can still see the shoot being far from hesitant when it comes to added suggestion.

This is a good thing, it feels like the start of a production!

Last edited:
I believe, a fresh idea, or a complete agreeance of an existing idea is the solution. We're all open-minded enough to contribute, and better still, to listen to those contributions, both on and off the set. But the predicament revolving who gets which title, for me, would naturally arise somewhere amidst our planning. For example, we would access the style of the work, to the person and his/her capabilities.

Although, with that said, i can still see the shoot being far from hesitant when it comes to added suggestion.

This is a good thing, it feels like the start of a production!

Yes, i think this should be the general idea for now.

Assigning jobs can come much later down the road late next year.

Offtopic: What happened to CF? I just watched an ep of Bourdain and came back to find him banned.

Last edited:
Yes, i think this should be the general idea for now.

Assigning jobs can come much later down the road late next year.

Offtopic: What happened to CF? I just watched an ep of Bourdain and came back to find him banned.

I can only assume he's said something that has been deemed unappropriate. Although, i can't believe, if so, Cracker had any intention of comitting to anything that would result in a ban.

It seems the only measurable theory, as it's a text-based forum. The only ban i have seen inforced was due, apparrantly, to multiple accounts and over-posting.

Banned? Who got banned? I don't know whatchootalkinbout.

On a completely non-related side-note, it is adviseable to keep your jokes in the appropriate forums (like this one), cuz in a more serious thread, the OP might not appreciate your sense of humor.

Last edited:
Back