• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Share your story concepts.

Figured I'd make a thread where people can share their ideas for screenplays and plots and get feedback on them and maybe share them for others to use.
I figure I'll get the ball rolling.

I have an idea for a short film that is as of yet untitled and will involve a very small cast (between as little as 2 to max of possibly 5)
It explores the idea that a mirror reveals another side of someone, so when they look in mirrors, they see another part of themselves and it brings about a series of events around a group of people as one of them thinks they're going insane because of what they see on the other side of the mirror.

Okay, imagine a movie about the apocolypse. I mean THE Apocolypse -- The Rapture. Jesus Christ returning to judge the living and the dead. But now, imagine this movie produced by Micheal Bay -- lots of explosions and bombastic action pieces, and our action hero is Jesus Christ, Himself. He has to battle demons, send all the sinners to hell, and ultimately battle Lucifer, for control of Earth. And, he's got a plucky sidekick, for comedic relief. Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.

Okay, imagine a movie about the apocolypse. I mean THE Apocolypse -- The Rapture. Jesus Christ returning to judge the living and the dead. But now, imagine this movie produced by Micheal Bay -- lots of explosions and bombastic action pieces, and our action hero is Jesus Christ, Himself. He has to battle demons, send all the sinners to hell, and ultimately battle Lucifer, for control of Earth. And, he's got a plucky sidekick, for comedic relief. Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sharing my feature idea until I've finished the first draft (1/3 done:)), but based on your idea, I know you're gonna love it!

Now THAT i wanna see.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sharing my feature idea until I've finished the first draft (1/3 done:)), but based on your idea, I know you're gonna love it!

Sweet. Can't wait to see it. Writing a feature is something else, huh?

A lot of people think I'm joking when I tell them this Jesus Christ Action Hero idea, but I'm being very serious. I don't worry about anybody stealing it, cuz who the heck would make that movie?

This came pretty close. I actually own a copy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311361/

But Jesus never fought vampires in the bible. I don't wanna make a campy spoof of The Rapture. My only source material would be The Bible, and I'd play it straight. With a plucky sidekick and massive explosions. And at least one super slow-mo shot of Jesus kicking someone's butt, while the camera spins around him, with white doves flying in the background. Athiests and evangelicals would both love my movie.

This is a great idea.

But with all great ideas, it comes with a caveat, the caveat being concepts are easy to steal, fully-written scripts NOT so easy to steal.

So, if you've got a fantastic concept and don't care if someone else takes it and turns it into a $100 million gross-domestic masterpiece, then by all means share concepts.

I don't mean to throw cold water on this, just to make sure everyone has their eyes wide-open, so to speak, before you post your dear-to-your-heart gem of an idea.

I may post here myself once I finish my *&%^$#@ feature.

:D

-C

But Jesus never fought vampires in the bible. I don't wanna make a campy spoof of The Rapture. My only source material would be The Bible, and I'd play it straight. With a plucky sidekick and massive explosions. And at least one super slow-mo shot of Jesus kicking someone's butt, while the camera spins around him, with white doves flying in the background. Athiests and evangelicals would both love my movie.

You could make Mercury his plucky sidekick.

PITCH: 100 Lesbian Victoria's Secret models are shipped to a deserted island where there are thousands of hidden weapons and told that only the last one surviving will be allowed to leave. Basically Battle Royale with Lesbian super models.

I arrived at the plot after I decided on the title: GASH.

Dude. :yes:

Revenge of the
Teenage
Lesbian
Vampire
Hookers
In Prison
3D

If you think I'm sharing actual screenplay concepts with the interweb tubes you must have eaten the wrong mushroom my friend.

Okay, I'll share this:

Victoria's Secret Society
Avenging models, or are they androids?

I've got a friend who has coined the 'pick-up line of the year' and it goes something like this, ehem: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

And a few of my friends thought it would be hilarious to make a mocumentary of a day in his life using that line. I'm not sure if I want the line to be ridiculously effective, or for him to be humiliated, but I think I want to go with the former.

The rest of the story is up to your imagination, but the gist of it is, hilarity ensues.
Hoping to start writing the script for this one in a few months when I'm done with my current project.

I've got a friend who has coined the 'pick-up line of the year' and it goes something like this, ehem: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

And a few of my friends thought it would be hilarious to make a mocumentary of a day in his life using that line. I'm not sure if I want the line to be ridiculously effective, or for him to be humiliated, but I think I want to go with the former.

The rest of the story is up to your imagination, but the gist of it is, hilarity ensues.
Hoping to start writing the script for this one in a few months when I'm done with my current project.

I'm pretty sure you're friend didn't coin it. I feel like I've seen that, either in a movie, or in a stand-up routine. It's still funny, though.

Hey, what ever happened to the Magical Balls story?

This is a great idea.

But with all great ideas, it comes with a caveat, the caveat being concepts are easy to steal, fully-written scripts NOT so easy to steal.

So, if you've got a fantastic concept and don't care if someone else takes it and turns it into a $100 million gross-domestic masterpiece, then by all means share concepts.

I don't mean to throw cold water on this, just to make sure everyone has their eyes wide-open, so to speak, before you post your dear-to-your-heart gem of an idea.

I may post here myself once I finish my *&%^$#@ feature.

:D

-C

Good advice. As for my Jesus Action Hero concept, I'm not so worried about theft, cuz I just don't see any studio greenlighting it, and to make it an indie production completely misses the point.

Anyway, I've got a few ideas bouncing around my head, one of which I will definitely NOT be posting publicly. It's a bio-pic, and one that is completely different from any bio-pic that has ever been done before (it's not a musician, or an historical figure, etc.). It's a pretty huge story -- big enough that it's surprising that Hollywood hasn't made this a subject of any movie yet, so yeah, I'm keeping under wraps.

In addition to my super-secret bio-pic, I'm very likely going to end up doing a time-travel movie. "Lost in Time 3" -- Imagine a story with the folding-over-itself complexity of "Primer", starring "Harold & Kumar", with fast-paced classic Spielbergian action-adventure.

And finally, the other story I'm considering is inspired by Kurt Russel's "Soldier", but told very differently.

I'm pretty sure you're friend didn't coin it. I feel like I've seen that, either in a movie, or in a stand-up routine. It's still funny, though.

Hey, what ever happened to the Magical Balls story?

That may be true, it was the first time I've ever heard it though :P

I'm more or less done the script still have a few alternate endings to choose from, now its basically the planning of where to shoot, and how to get good sound. There are a few shots that build the setting in the first few seconds that I can probably shoot with 2-3 people and I might post that up just to see what people think.

That may be true, it was the first time I've ever heard it though :P

I'm more or less done the script still have a few alternate endings to choose from, now its basically the planning of where to shoot, and how to get good sound. There are a few shots that build the setting in the first few seconds that I can probably shoot with 2-3 people and I might post that up just to see what people think.

Sweet. Can't wait to see it. How many pages?

Back