Secret Santa 2013 screening

Mile Creations --> Mad Hatter
Code:
Mad hatter wishes:
I would like my gift to either: a) be a horror/comedy film, b) feature a moustache, c) contain the word "laborious", d) [COLOR="red"]have a dog in it[/COLOR], e) all of the above.
Saw the dog in there!
Very nice effect, Brendan!
Sorry about your helicopter-camera thingie dingie. :grrr:

Mad Hatter --> Chimp Phobia Films
Code:
ChimphobiaFilms wishes:
Whoever has me, I want something bizarre and [COLOR="red"]unpredictable[/COLOR]. :)
Who whoulda predicted THAT happening?! :lol:

Ray --> Flicker Pictures
Flicker_pictures wishes:
'tis the season of giving, not getting! Just make a nice holiday video that captures the essence and spirit of this time of year. humor and levity are always welcomed, but tones of introspection and reverence also go well with the winter. no need to make it specific to my namesake, but I won't stop you from doing so. have fun, keep it simple and most of all be as creative as you care to be! :) Jeff @ Flicker Pictures
Man! You gave me so much to work with!
But NO muzzle flashes! Argh! http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=346464&highlight=flashes#post346464

Dreadylocks --> Joshy The Hipster
Code:
joshythehipster wishes:
Something [COLOR="red"]Sentimental[/COLOR] to make me smile :)
Awwww...
Sammi delivers the goods.
(Hey, what can you tell us about the animation program and process you're using for this?!)

Flicker Pictures --> Zen Steve
Code:
Zensteve wishes:
Something [COLOR="red"]irreverant or in bad taste[/COLOR] is a-ok in my book :) Sacred cows gotta go!
LMAO!
Got it in spades!
Very nice, J.P.

Cracker Funk --> Wheat Grinder
Code:
Wheat Grinder wishes:
something that will [COLOR="red"]make me feel[/COLOR] again.
Uh... Travis' brother Joseph Bickle? :lol:
Dan, you feeling the Chinese zombie-robots, yet?

Joshy The Hipster --> Mile Creations
Code:
Milecreations wishes:
Clever and visually epic is a preference. Make sure to include a [COLOR="Red"]broomstick[/COLOR].. I wouldn't mind a laugh
:lol:
It really is Christmas around here.
Awww! And it's a love story, toooooo!

You guys are great!
Merry Christmas & Happy Hollydaze!

Code:
Mad hatter wishes:
I would like my gift to either: a) be a horror/comedy film, b) feature a moustache, c) contain the word "laborious", d) [COLOR="red"]have a dog in it[/COLOR], e) all of the above.
Saw the dog in there!

Did you catch the moustache too? ;)

No!
Lemme go back an...

Foundit!
Mustache_zps21df66ca.png

Code:
Mad hatter wishes:
Saw the dog in there!

Mad Hatter --> Chimp Phobia Films
Code:
ChimphobiaFilms wishes:
Whoever has me, I want something bizarre and [COLOR="red"]unpredictable[/COLOR]. :)
Who whoulda predicted THAT happening?! :lol:

Ray --> Flicker Pictures

Man! You gave me so much to work with!
But NO muzzle flashes! Argh! http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=346464&highlight=flashes#post346464

Dreadylocks --> Joshy The Hipster
Code:
joshythehipster wishes:
Something [COLOR="red"]Sentimental[/COLOR] to make me smile :)
Awwww...
Sammi delivers the goods.
(Hey, what can you tell us about the animation program and process you're using for this?!)

Flicker Pictures --> Zen Steve
Code:
Zensteve wishes:
Something [COLOR="red"]irreverant or in bad taste[/COLOR] is a-ok in my book :) Sacred cows gotta go!
LMAO!
Got it in spades!
Very nice, J.P.

Cracker Funk --> Wheat Grinder
Code:
Wheat Grinder wishes:
something that will [COLOR="red"]make me feel[/COLOR] again.
Uh... Travis' brother Joseph Bickle? :lol:
Dan, you feeling the Chinese zombie-robots, yet?

Joshy The Hipster --> Mile Creations
Code:
Milecreations wishes:
Clever and visually epic is a preference. Make sure to include a [COLOR="Red"]broomstick[/COLOR].. I wouldn't mind a laugh
It really is Christmas around here.
Awww! And it's a love story, toooooo!

You guys are great!
Merry Christmas & Happy Hollydaze!

Love the commentary xDDDDDD haha

Just finished watching everyone's vid greetings so far! Good work, all. :)

Thanks, Jeff, for getting Bernie Lawson out of retirement. He needs to be seen more :lol:

Yo, wheaty!

You once made a gift for me by teaching me how to shoot a rifle. Before a couple weeks ago, I'd never fired a weapon, much less even held one, so I figured it high time that I act on your recommendations and prepare for the coming apocalypse.

I had fun! And my aim wasn't that bad. :)

Merry Christmas!!!

https://vimeo.com/82658555
PW: indietalk

aWWW.. IM getting all warm and fuzzy.. Thank you very much CF. That was a little Christmas miracle!

Nice monologue for an opening too!

Hey, this was a lot of fun. And I never did get your wish list, Zen, but having worked with you on a few projects I had a pretty good idea what sort of prezzie you'd enjoy unwrapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4pvmAOqguc
zensteve-screwged-web.jpg
zensteve-gorystory-web.jpg

Hope everyone has an awesome New Year's and see you all in 2014!! :woohoo::seeya::bday: [should read Happy New Year's!]

wheaty, I think it's great! I like the ways you Christmas-ized it. :yes:

I think people are just slower to comment and less frequent to visit, on the weekends (for me, it's actually my busiest time at work, and I think other people are out doing "life" stuff).

So I've been watching these as they've come in and was just waiting for them all to comment. But seeing as it's almost the new year I better do it now before I completely drop the ball.

joshythehipster, I am so so so happy you liked it! -HUGS BACK- I still feel bad that I didn't do anything creative film-wise but just know I stalked the shit out of your posts in the hopes of making it personal enough to mean something :) Anyway, Merry Christmas again!

MileCreations,
The aerial shot was nice while it lasted, lol. I'm mostly jealous though at how warm it looks! Gah!

mad_hatter,
And they say never work with children or animals! Not only is your pup super cute, but what an actor, lol. He's really got the guilty look down pat.

ray,
You crazy bastard. What did I just watch, lol? To answer your question about my video, the 'method' (if you could call it that) was about as simple as it gets. It was basically paper, pen and cheap crayola watercolor, took photos of the drawings, composited in After Effects and then animated the mouths with a nifty little plugin called AutoLipSync that does all the work for you.

Flicker,
Dude, I'm always pleasantly disturbed and amused when Bernie makes an appearance. That had me legit laughing out loud.

C-funk,
Love your filming sensibilities, as always. Plus what could be more fun to shoot than actual guns. I'm all for gun control but damn, they are a blast (all puns intended, btw).

joshy,
That was hauntingly beautiful. Well shot, nice choice of music, too.

Zen,
If it was your aim to make me squirm in my seat watching that, mission accomplished. Ugh, those sound effects, that dripping blood. Those scarily realistic teeth. But yeah, awesome job. Once I was past the grimacing I laughed my ass off.

wheaty,
I've never seen Apocalypse Now but I can say with complete authority that you nailed it :lol:

Good showing, everybody!!

Last edited:
ZenSteve --> CrackerFunk
Code:
Cracker Funk wishes:
All I want for Christmas is my two front teef.
Very very nice, Steve.
Spot on wish delivery!
Woulda been great for the MidKnightly October challenge, as well! :lol:

WheatGrinder --> NickClapper
Code:
Wish list for NickClapper
NickClapper has not completed his/her wish list yet.
Oh, wow, Wheat. That was pretty awesome.
And I agree with Steve that the squadron of jiggly shopping carts made it!
Lotta planning and effort in this one.

Okay, who we got MIA?
  • joshythehipster - The Broom
  • Rayw - The Christmas Spirit
  • Zensteve - Two Front Teef
  • Cracker Funk - At the Firing Range
  • Mad hatter - Unpredictable Bad Dog
  • Dreadylocks - Such Santa
  • ChimphobiaFilms -
  • Milecreations - Helicopter Disater w/ Dog & Mustache!
  • Wheat Grinder - Shopocalypse Now
  • dlevanchuk -
    [*]NickClapper -
  • Flicker_pictures - Between A Fire And A Tree

You fellas needing a few more of these?! :yes::blush:
Christmas gifts of
EXTENDED RELEASE DATE HOURS!
granted to everyone!!!

gs_gift.gif

Last edited:
I'm really sorry. I mean... I'M REALLY SORRY. Please forgive me for this poor excuse of a gift :lol:

MERRY JAN. 3 RAY! LOL! :yes::no:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEVU__a9Ik

Last edited:
WHEAT! So sorry for missing this, I somehow assumed that I had the same giver as my receiver and neither of us have posted...

That was brilliant. I love the opening to Apocalypse Now, and how satisfying to see WalMart burn. I hope that you use this for something- I'm sure there are plenty of anti-corporate lobbying groups who would love to use this as propaganda ;)

Back