Secret Santa 2013 screening

WHEAT! So sorry for missing this, I somehow assumed that I had the same giver as my receiver and neither of us have posted...

That was brilliant. I love the opening to Apocalypse Now, and how satisfying to see WalMart burn. I hope that you use this for something- I'm sure there are plenty of anti-corporate lobbying groups who would love to use this as propaganda ;)

Oh please no! If this ends up associated with some commie anti-corporate movement Ill never live it down! :)
I'm a hard core right wing gung-ho capitalist! (that said, beware the government-industrial complex and know that all "regulation" benefits big biz by killing competition that the little guys cant afford, I site the USDA regulations on "home grown" milk and meat and how it benefits tyson and mc'donalds by driving little mom and pop producers out of the biz.)

Wheaty, you're an Oregonian. No matter how right-wing you think you are, you've got some hippie in ya! ;)

Chimp, I enjoyed that. I think that's a pretty accurate representation of Ray's smarts. The dude does his research! :)

I made something and then I exported it and it had 2 minutes of black screen at the end and I also decided that it was too terrible even for Secret Santa :(

I think it's safe to say now that no one loves me :(
I call bullshit!

Wish list for Dreadylocks
Dreadylocks wishes:
Sci-fi comedy featuring a laundromat and Hillary Clinton.

Or not. It's the thought that counts, just be creative!​

Gimme some time!
I'll bring you some belated Santa love!
Anyone else wanna bring Sammy some belated Santa love? :yes:

I didn't deliver (sorry, again) but mine wasn't for Sammi, but was for the only other person who didn't deliver (so I didn't feel too bad), who hasn't been around these boards in a while and who, I suspect, is the murderer in this whodunnit.

Just when you thought it was safe to say "No one loves me..."
blove.png
:redgrin:

Last edited:
Story created.
Script written.
Images collected.
Images heavily modified.
Images ready for assembly.
Script rewritten multiple times.
Soundtrack located.
Soundtrack recorded.
Dialog recorded.

Awaiting:
- Dialog morphing and heavy modification.
- Dialog editing.
- Dialog assembly.
- Dialog separation onto multi tracks.
- Assemble images to sync with dialog.
- Add special FX.
- Create trailer.
- Proof final assembly several times.
- Upload & review.
- Make corrections.
- Present... present :D to Sammi!

Nailed it! :lol: :lol: Now I can die happy. You also just reminded me, I need to update my voter registration! ;)

Thanks so much for being my backup Santa!!

ps: you're getting pretty good at these FX, the shirt removal was flawless, and the skeletons with the vaporizing was a nice touch.

Score!

Yeah, I'm getting a liddle bedder with more practice - and a ton-load more complex with each one.

If you were listening with stereo speakers d'ju notice the voices and sound FX channeled to different places appropriate for their respective positions?

It's a fair bit of additional planning and work.
Don't know if it's worth the additional effort, tho.

Heh heh heh, yeahhhhh I thought the vaporizing skeletons thing was fun, too. :)
Building them from this was a minor hassle: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/020/9/1/human_skeleton_12029879_by_stockproject1-d37nw3e.jpg
Lotta cut, rotate, paste, overlay, readjusting.
Takes what it takes, right? ;)

Back