news Sean Connery

sfoster

Staff Member
I was named after Sean Connery but neither my parents or I knew for longest time that his name was Thomas.

Thomas Sean Connery.

I feel very grateful toward him that he was not a super creep or on the wrong side of the metoo movement or anything atrocious.
He is not 100% without scandal but overall it seems that he was a great person with a very successful life.

Not somebody at all that I mind being named after :)
Congratulations to him on a long and fruitful life passing away at age 90.

When I ask people these days if they know Sean Connery they do not.
I think his most relevant film is probably the rock haha, michael bay.

He will always be the first James Bond though.
Thats' what I tell people when they dont know who he was.

You guys have a favorite Sean Connery film?
Was i t the highlander?

I read this today on his Wiki page... and I can visualize him saying this.

Connery's first job was as a milkman in Edinburgh with St. Cuthbert's Co-operative Society. In 2009, Connery recalled a conversation in a taxi: When I took a taxi during a recent Edinburgh Film Festival, the driver was amazed that I could put a name to every street we passed. "How come?" he asked. "As a boy I used to deliver milk round here," I said. "So what do you do now?" That was rather harder to answer.

Think I need to go watch "The Name Of The Rose"... Rest in peace, Star.

I was reading an article few days ago about soccer hard-man Razor Ruddock. There was a piece in there about an encounter with Sean Connery that did make me chuckle.

"The former England international recalls being goaded by then West Ham team-mate Ian Wright to punch Sean Connery.

He was told the former 007 was 'mugging him off' after failing to see the funny side of the Hammers stars ordering him a 'Martini, shaken not stirred' in the Wentworth Golf Club clubhouse.

Razor refrained from getting physical, preferring to embarrass Sean by asking him an awkward question in front of stunned members: 'Which famous birds have you shagged?'

After giving them the 'death stare', Connery stormed out before returning and telling Razor: 'Zsa Zsa Gabor, 1963.'

'I still don't know if he was joking,' says Razor. 'I was thinking he'd say Ursula Andrews. But that line was incredible."

Back