Roger Waters THE WALL

I didn't get into the 1980 shows. But, I made it to the two MSG events this past week. I saw God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBHo04-780

I didn't get into the 1980 shows. But, I made it to the two MSG events this past week. I saw God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBHo04-780

I bet you did ,but was he in sugar cube form or was it blotter ,then again there is several varitys of mushrooms that have the same effect. Other than that , I bet it was a killer show, I have been a pink floyd fan since i was a kid The wall was one of my insperations th become a filmmaker and the tape was an insperation to pick up a guitar

I bet you did ,but was he in sugar cube form or was it blotter ,then again there is several varitys of mushrooms that have the same effect. Other than that , I bet it was a killer show, I have been a pink floyd fan since i was a kid The wall was one of my insperations th become a filmmaker and the tape was an insperation to pick up a guitar

1980 I was driving my old beat up station wagon to Nassau Coliseum. I pick up 5 guys hitch hiking to the show. They fed me Southern Comfort, beer, a few pills, and quite a few joints on the way. I was fine driving. But, when I got out the car and the air hit my face, I was FUCKED UP. I woke up 3am in the emergency room. I didn't have a ticket for the show. But, I did have cash to pay a scalper's price.

So, these two Garden shows, just beer and wine. I'm going next week to the Coliseum. So, I can't have anything. But, Nov 6th at the Garden I'm getting wasted. The show is the best. I have a friend who travels the world seeing concerts. He goes practically every night to a show. He told me years ago that the original Wall Shows were the greatest spectacle he'd ever seen. I knew he was right, from everything I'd ever seen or heard about them. But, after seeing this version, I'm content that these shows rival the original. Stunningly amazing. Plus, one of his guitarists is GE Smith.

Just came back from seeing this again. It's still incredible. Saturday will be my 5th and last time. It was everything I thought it would be and more.

I’m waiting for someone to do a DSOTM concept film, in 3d.

I wonder how many film makers (Younger generation) have never seen The Wall, and how it holds up as a film to those not into or with no real background of the music/band mythos behind it.

-Thanks-

I’m waiting for someone to do a DSOTM concept film, in 3d.

I wonder how many film makers (Younger generation) have never seen The Wall, and how it holds up as a film to those not into or with no real background of the music/band mythos behind it.

-Thanks-

I watched the movie after seeing the show and it's fantastic. I'd have to say that younger people have no idea who or what the Wall is, as well as Pink Floyd. The audience has been basically older fans. But, we rock.

Check out this part, Vera is my favorite part of the show. Then put it in size context. The red spot is Roger Waters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHk40vfpWIE

Pink Floyd captures generation after generation. Dark Side of the Moon has popped up into the Billboard top 200 every Christmas since it was released. In fact, up until 2002, it had never failed to make it into the top 100 for Christmas. Part of that is due, of course, to the fact that CDs don't have to be replaced as often as vinyl records; I went through a vinyl copy every three/four years or so until I got my CD.

The Wall is great - I have the album, the movie and the Live in Berlin concert (awesome!).

I saw them on that Division Bell tour in 94.

I have been to a ton of shows, but damn that show was something else.
It was, and I have no doubt always will be the best sounding (sound system wise) concert I have ever experienced.

It was like 3 times louder than any concert I have ever seen at the same venue, and amazingly like a 1000 times cleaner audio than I ever thought possible for any concert, anywhere.

I might in general say "It was like..", but it wasn't LIKE, it was exactaly that they had dialed in the sound and given reflections to the point of acoustically tuning not only the venue itself, but playing god with such pristine audio at such an immense wattage level that they were able to harness and shape the effect created by the sound hitting surrounding buildings outside of and not even very close to the venue.
It made a chunk of the world an acousitc instrument Floyd was playing.

Total mind blow, and one that I doubt I will ever experience another band pull off.

-Thanks-

I saw them on that Division Bell tour in 94.

I have been to a ton of shows, but damn that show was something else.
It was, and I have no doubt always will be the best sounding (sound system wise) concert I have ever experienced.

It was like 3 times louder than any concert I have ever seen at the same venue, and amazingly like a 1000 times cleaner audio than I ever thought possible for any concert, anywhere.

I might in general say "It was like..", but it wasn't LIKE, it was exactaly that they had dialed in the sound and given reflections to the point of acoustically tuning not only the venue itself, but playing god with such pristine audio at such an immense wattage level that they were able to harness and shape the effect created by the sound hitting surrounding buildings outside of and not even very close to the venue.
It made a chunk of the world an acousitc instrument Floyd was playing.

Total mind blow, and one that I doubt I will ever experience another band pull off.

-Thanks-

That's the way the Wall sound is also. Pink Floyd members have always been cutting edge when it comes to technology. I give it to Roger that he's one artist that pushes the best technology to its limits. Which I don't think Gilmore and the rest have done, or care to do.

For me, PF was Roger Waters and without him they sorely lack songwriting ability. The songs might have the sound, but not the depth that his lyrics brought to the table. Pro and Cons & Amused to Death are two phenomenal albums that far surpass all the Floyd material recorded after he left.

Here's one of the best off Amused to Death. As you'll see it's not an official video, but the best I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1sDHWuu_NQ

"isnt this..."

+1 on RW being one of the best poets of our day.

Hijack this thread to favorite PF lyrics..limit one stanza..

Good bye Max, good bye Ron,
after the service when your walking slowly to the car
and The sliver in her hair
shines in the cold November Air
You here the tolling bells
and touch the silk in your lapel
and as the tear drops rise to meet the comfort of the band
you taker her frail hand
and hold on to the dream

"...where we came in?"

For me, PF was Roger Waters and without him they sorely lack songwriting ability. The songs might have the sound, but not the depth that his lyrics brought to the table.

I'm with you to a certain extent. To me, Waters/Gilmour was like Lennon/McCartney -- the poet/entertainer collaboration was ideally blended (if somewhat tumultuous), resulting in some of the greatest music ever created. Individually they were geniuses -- together, sublime.

There's a guy who has created an excellent full version double DVD from numerous Wall shows. He's giving away torrents of it. If you'd like the address PM me and I'll let you know how to get it. I watched the first half and parts of the second and it's astoundingly good.

You are one lucky man!!! No kidding! The Wall is an excellent movie and I loved the Imagery..fantastic!

Back