REPPIN' MINNEAPOLIS!

what's up everyone.

I'm from Minneapolis. I'm a college student. And i'm trying to finish up as soon as possible so I can get out and film....stuff....

anyways. nice to meet everyone in advance:)

dang. can someone change my username? I messed up while registering.

'sup.

There's some forum members from the same city. :cool:

trying to finish up as soon as possible so I can get out and film....stuff....

I was not aware that Minnesota had a law requiring you to finish college before starting to make a movie. :huh:

'sup.

There's some forum members from the same city. :cool:

I was not aware that Minnesota had a law requiring you to finish college before starting to make a movie. :huh:

yeah about that... I make a gang of short films; but for me to drop everything that I'm doing to put my full focus on films would be hard (easier if i graduat). Once free from the responsibilities that I have gotten myself into; then it would be much easier to work with professional actors, etc, rather than working with a gang of friends (of whom aren't big into films and stuff, and just work for fun. Plus they all work and I work and go to school. so its kind of a drag trying to all have the same days off to make films. But when we do have days off it's showtime you know.)

Plus I have a job and go to school full time in the summer. It's kind of a drag knowing you could just go out somewhere and get some PA job and work your way up, rather than wasting your time with a degree.

but I've ditched that plan and I've decided to get go to school and get a higher paying job so me a and a couple buddies can fund our own features.(of who go to tisch) Now we are all doing the same route so we can get lame jobs and save up to fund a "Foot Fist Way/Cohen Brothers/Kevin Smith" style flick.

In other words we are all going to pool our money together and bust out a film and then shop it around. But before we do that we are prepared to slum it once out of school in order to save up every penny. (aka share bedrooms, etc.)

Once free from the responsibilities that I have gotten myself into; then it would be much easier to work with professional actors, etc,

It's kinda funny how opposite yours and my thoughts are on this, even though I think we probably share a lot in common (so far as I can tell from these few posts). I'm days away from shooting my first (ultra-low-budget) feature. Before I even had a concept for a story, when I was still brainstorming, the one thing I knew for sure was that it had to be made up primarily of college actors.

Professionals have careers, families, and lives, and stuff. They can't just drop everything, unless there's a lot of money involved. For me, as I've mentioned, there's not a lot of money involved. For you, I sincerely hope you've got contacts lined up that might lead to a career in money-making filmmaking. Cuz if not, I think you'll either end up a weekend warrior, or going back to college campuses for actors. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Anyway, I know how little time one has when working full-time while attending school full-time. Congrats, in advance. It's going to be one hell of a sigh of relief, for you.

And welcome to the boards!

Welcome sir, you've got a hell of a road ahead of you by the sounds of it.

Just so you know, it's totally fine to cry on our proverbial-text-based-shoulders, just ask Cracker. :cool:

P.S Refrain from disturbing "Avatar Gate"

P.S.S Where is Chillipie? Up until around five minutes ago i was pronouncing his screen name "Chill-ip-ey"

My bad

Hahaha. Papertwin's got some good advice to heed.

Are you sure Chilipie is a dude? That kinda sounds like a chick name to me.

Back