Re-activated old phone. Old client angry at me

I was supposed to cut a promo for him based on old footage he gave to me on a drive.

He seemed really creepy and even on drugs when I first met him.

While I had the drive, I got evicted. It was hard getting rent. I can't seem to find his drive, although I don't think I've checked every possible storage place I have for the drive.

A year later, I re-activated my phone and have nasty emails from him calling me a thief. I just supposed he had a copy of the footage. I did note he kept calling and finding my family through social media to ask about his drive. I was worried he would try something physical or try to harm me. He seemed unbalanced.

It's no excuse though. I want to tell him I might not have his drive (I have to contact old friends who let me stay at their place during the eviction.) How do I go about making amends with him? What if when I tell him, the drive is probably lost he tries to find me or worse?

It's my fault for not contacting him earlier, but the aggressive way he went about it had some people saying don't talk to him he might be crazy and try to hurt you or people you know.

So...he was like on drugs and you did not trust him. So you promised him to cut him a promo. Meanwhile you get evicted and go of grid for a year....

Sounds like your a bit unstable yourself. The best thing that you can do, is write him a letter and explain the situation and repay a new HD. Don't try to be friends with him, don't promise to do future work for him. Learn from your mistakes and get your life together.... I don't know if visiting this dude is a smart move... He sounds like a very sick. Avoid sick people... the will drag you down.

I was supposed to cut a promo for him based on old footage he gave to me on a drive.

He seemed really creepy and even on drugs when I first met him.

While I had the drive, I got evicted. It was hard getting rent. I can't seem to find his drive, although I don't think I've checked every possible storage place I have for the drive.

A year later, I re-activated my phone and have nasty emails from him calling me a thief. I just supposed he had a copy of the footage. I did note he kept calling and finding my family through social media to ask about his drive. I was worried he would try something physical or try to harm me. He seemed unbalanced.

It's no excuse though. I want to tell him I might not have his drive (I have to contact old friends who let me stay at their place during the eviction.) How do I go about making amends with him? What if when I tell him, the drive is probably lost he tries to find me or worse?

It's my fault for not contacting him earlier, but the aggressive way he went about it had some people saying don't talk to him he might be crazy and try to hurt you or people you know.
Sometimes people who feel they have been cheated get aggressive.
Especially after a year of no contact.

I know that if I had given someone footage and they dropped off the
grid for a year I would come off as aggressive - maybe even unbalanced.

I don't know if there is any way to make amends. I'm putting myself
in his shoes - not yours. Even if I were NOT creepy and on drugs I
would be PISSED if the person I gave my footage to disappeared for
a year. And then showed up saying he lost all my footage.

It's nice to see you know this is your fault and you should have contacted
him. There are consequences to your actions. I don't know you but I
hope he doesn't put you in danger when you tell him.

Tell him today! You owe him that. You agreed keep his footage safe
but you didn't. Yes, you have a reason, but his footage is gone and
you have been out of touch for a year. He is going to be very angry
even if he isn't on drugs and creepy.

Was the footage lost of just the drive? In other words, does he have a backup and this is about the cost of a drive?

I can't imagine giving a stranger all of my footage without keeping a copy of it for myself.
That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I don't trust strangers like that.

He can't hurt you from behind the keyboard. Just contact him electronically.

Back