Quitting Caffeine

I have started cutting my intake of caffeine, in the form of coffee, down. And it sucks.:grumpy: I'm mixing half-and-half decaf with regular, and I'm not fooling my body, at all.:coffee:

Just wanted to bitch a little.:) I feel like a F'in zombie. But 1-2 pots/ day will kill you, eventually.

I cut down from two pots to one, and then to half.

That half caffeine trick never worked for me. A lot of peeing and no stimulant.

Good luck, Murdock. Been there before. Can anyone say hypertension?

Nowadays my cutoff for caffeinated beverages (diet Cola, coffee) is usually around 2:00 in the afternoon. If I absolutely need to stay awake for some reason (production, driving) I'll definitely bend the rule.

But God do I love coffee.

Coffee is very important for the beginning of my days, work 4am 5 days a week, usually will have coffee, sometimes an enery drink first thing. I drink probably 4 cups a day, not too bad. Goodluck cutting it down

Good luck, Murdock. Been there before. Can anyone say hypertension?

Nowadays my cutoff for caffeinated beverages (diet Cola, coffee) is usually around 2:00 in the afternoon. If I absolutely need to stay awake for some reason (production, driving) I'll definitely bend the rule.

But God do I love coffee.

...and it's so much more socially acceptable than crack. Hardly anyone points at me drinking coffee in public. ;)

Having a sleep disorder that leaves me exhausted even after a solid eight hours sleep, I simply couldn't do without caffeine. Liking coffee is a secondary concern.

I have a special coffee that wakes me up when I need it. Three heaped teaspoons of cheap, crappy, instant coffee. Three heaped teaspoons of sugar. Quarter cup of hot water to dissolve it all. Two cups of milk to bring it all together to slurp down in under three seconds. I don't have it often but when I need a bit of a jolt, I find that the three teaspoons of coffee taken all in one hit tends to do the trick to keep me awake.

Although, sometimes it doesn't and I fall asleep right after.

When I quit caffeine I made sure that the wife and kids went to visit the in-laws for the weekend. The same applied to cigarettes.

I've cut back a little, but it's been tough. My main job is on the midnight shift, so sometimes I end up breaking the rules and drinking more to make it through a shift.

When I quit caffeine I made sure that the wife and kids went to visit the in-laws for the weekend. The same applied to cigarettes.

I hear that. So far the worst thing is waking up with a head ache, and my two year old running around the house.:)

The funny thing is, I quit cigarettes without a second thought. When my wife got pregnant I said okay that's enough and biggaty bam. No problem. weird:)

The studio I work at has a cappo machine and I was having up to 3 a day. (doesn't seem like much but it was for me)

Coming off of it gave me the biggest migraine headache I could barely see and I felt horrible.

I now only have Starbucks like once a month if that.

The stuff is bad for ya.

I'm a chemically dependent caffeine-aholic.

That might sound cute until you note that I'm pretty much not even pretending to be at all subtle or discrete about nursing straight from two liter diet Mountain Dews, or my wife's diet Cokes if I run out, all day long everyday and up many nights.

I literally have a callous on my left index finger from grabbing up the bottles at the neck and inverting them to drink.
If I drank alcohol like this I'd be a pariah.

I do this even at work.
Polite co-workers smirk at me. The more brazen ones I point to their pu$$y little 20oz bottles and tell 'em I paid the same for my two liters, who's silly looking now?

I can drink two cans of Monster back to back without my hands getting jittery and go right to sleep whenever the H I feel like it.

If I quit this insanity my skull expands to gigantic proportions before exploding - or I relize I haven't had my caffeine fix and appropriately self medicate.

I'll probably develop osteoporosis and have my bones dissolve like sugar before long.

GL.

The studio I work at has a cappo machine and I was having up to 3 a day. (doesn't seem like much but it was for me)

Coming off of it gave me the biggest migraine headache I could barely see and I felt horrible.

I now only have Starbucks like once a month if that.

The stuff is bad for ya.

I was shooting for the 48 Hour Film Project over the weekend and started getting a headache. It took me a while to realize it was because I hadn't been drinking caffeine. A few energy drinks later I was fine.

Back