licensing Question on bringing a tv show from overseas

I've been wondering lately how foreign tv shows get made in domestic markets, such as the office. Does it go through the same pitching process as any other show or does a network get in contact with the other country's network to get it made?

The adaptation of foreign TV shows in domestic markets involves a variety of approaches. Successful foreign shows are often licensed to production companies or networks in the target country, like CCP-DXB in Dubai, granting them the right to create a localized version.

In some cases, networks may express interest in adapting a foreign show and negotiate with the original creators for adaptation rights. Collaboration between the original creators and the domestic team and network initiatives to adapt successful shows are also common.

The process may vary, but it generally entails adjusting the content to align with the cultural preferences and sensibilities of the new audience, as seen in the adaptation of "The Office" from the UK to the US.

While I was in Dubai, I was doing a project with CCP | DXB, and the above is the experience that I have gained there.

You can reach out to them to learn more: removed

Unfortunately this is a new type of spam we will have to deal with. Find an old post, use ChatGPT to answer it so it looks like a well thought out reply, slightly tailor it, and after a few posts (for credibility's sake), insert your link for SEO purposes, and then disappear.

There's another new one where the bot writes an introduction post that is sooooo long it is obviously AI. It's like "Hi I am a filmmaker..." and then it goes on to describe what a filmmaker is for about a page lol. Yeah. Fun times. Battling robots.

Robot Wars GIF by Discovery

I wonder how far this AI phenomenon is going to go - chatbots and AI searches are definitely here to stay, but is AI going to take over, or is it going to be like the internet, settling down in a few years to just a change in our lifestyles?

Good catch. That's a better quality backlink scam than we've seen in the past.

Do you remember the good old days of dumb scammers? They were so easy to spot. "I am great prince from Nigeria, and the bank want to give me my throne and 10 million US dollarses, but I am not has the $200 fee to claim up throne. Since I know that you JOHN SMITH, are an upstanding and trustworthy person, with many capabilities for great helping, I offer to pay you the sun of one million doolars next month if you just send the 200s of dollars to me bank account now"

If these people were smarter, and they will be eventually, using currently extant technology, they could replicate a live forum member that you couldn't detect. In fact, the only way you'll be able to tell a real person is that for a while, they will make less mistakes in forum etiquette than a real person.

Here's my suggestion, and it won't work for long, maybe just a year or two. Go into your site rules, posting guidelines, etc, and leave a dye pack for the robots.

Here's how it works. Add in a rule of conduct that's somewhat ridiculous, but vaguely plausible, like "to help others, please remember to be polite by including the model of your camera or filmmaking software at the end of each paragraph"

Most humans will either not read those posts, or will disregard that when they don't see anyone else do it. The early robots, for the first year maybe, will go and try to adhere to your community standards post, attempting to fully conform and become invisible in the process. So you can trick them into revealing themselves by adding one of these "dye packs".

While I was in Dubai, I was doing a project with CCP | DXB, and the above is the experience that I have gained there.

If this is indeed a chatbot, then this statement can lead to lawsuits against the owners for fraudulent misrepresentation. The question, of course, is how to track them down, but, if they have money, they can be found, I'm sure.

The @TusharDubey account has been reinstated in response to a petition to unban. I ask that the members please report any suspicious behavior moving forward, and please note @TusharDubey: We do not allow advertising in non-designated areas, only in Networking and Promotion. Thank you.

Back