Quack from Denmark

Greetings all.

Recently fell over your forums, in search of a place where i could talk to likeminded individuals about the film making process.

I'm a 34 year old guy from Denmark. Most of my life i have wanted to be an actor, so i took acting classes, acting school, makeup school, and played lots of roleplaying games.

Then the older i got, the more i realized that i loved to be the one telling the story. So i have been learning to make movies for a few years now. From books, and some movies about movie making. And also lots of behind the scenes materials to get inspired by.

Only practical experience i have, is being a runner for a weekend shoot of a short.
But i have arranged and run LARP events for more than 600 people.

Due to almost no available jobs, and me getting diagnosed with ADHD and depression, it's not easy for me to find a job.

So i decided to create my own job. Or at least my very own calling card for future jobs.

Where other people work best when starting at the bottom and slowly working their way up, i live by jumping into the deep end.

So i decided, i'm making a feature length movie.
It's a semi authentic Viking horror movie. Think 13th warrior meets 28 days later.
It's going to cost 0 dollars, or as close to it as possible.
And everyone works for free. This is meant to be a beginning project with people who are relatively new in the business and want to hone their skills or try it out.
Also, we will film with the best we have or can borrow.

Currently writing the script, going through a few revisions during March, and then casting during April. Then when June comes around, we will shoot for 7-10 days, or whatever fits the production best.
I'm the director, writer and producer on this. But i'm not alone.
I just asked on facebook, and i have over 40 people interested in helping out with their time on this project.

Personally i only have an SD video cam. But i was lucky that one of those interested in getting more DP experience, had a canon 5d mark 2. But again, i will make this film, with what i have at the time.

also, we want to show people that you don't have to have much but business skills to get a movie shoot going. All it takes is for you to go out and ask people to do it.

Sure it's my first film, with no prior real movie making experience. Sure it's going to suck compared to all the great films out there.
But Vikings + monsters + horror + action = something at least some people will watch if we don't screw up the movie too badly. And it being as close to 0 dollars, it will turn a profit almost no matter what.

And if it stinks really hard, well word will probably spread, and at least my name will be out there. :D

Welcome.

What's great about your first film is your next one will be better. But
you gotta make that first one, right?

if it stinks really hard, well word will probably spread, and at least my name will be out there. :D

Who knows... you might be the Tommy Wiseau for the next generation of filmmakers! :lol:

Good luck with your film! Of course, if you need any help along the way, you can probably find a few answers here too. :cool:

Welcome.

What's great about your first film is your next one will be better. But
you gotta make that first one, right?

exactly... :D it's all about getting started...

Who knows... you might be the Tommy Wiseau for the next generation of filmmakers! :lol:

Good luck with your film! Of course, if you need any help along the way, you can probably find a few answers here too. :cool:

thanks... not that scared about that name.... now Uwe Boll, that's the guy i don't want to be known as... the guy who ruins one of my favourite genres.... fantasy movies... :D

Back