Proposal to the Board: Supporting our troops

HOLY CRAP!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Great work John!! How did you get them? Any company that we should thank for giving them or did you do this yourself? You've set the bar high for the rest of us to follow John.
The Troops are going to be so happy about this. This has got me excited all over again. Now we just need 100 Blank DVD's to fill those cases. :D

I'll put up 15 Blank DVD's. We just need 85-90 more everyone! I say 90 as if we have a few mis-burns or something.

John@Bophe said:
HTTK -- 100 black plastic DVD cases confirmed! I will ship them to you early next week.

I'll pick up a spindle of 50, Friday afternoon.

You have a disc printer, btw? Noticed your "Voice of the Dead" DVD had a printed surface.

Groovy Zen! We just need 35 more Blank DVDs to fill the rest of the cases. :)

The "disc printer" is only just a sheet of CD labels that I can feed threw the printer. They are pre-trimmed and can go on the disc. Once they're on they hardly never come off. :) Not sure if I'm going to put a disc label on these or not. I'm in contact with a few printing places to see if they'll print the covers for us. I'll ask them about it.

First post has been updated just slightly to include the official site for this effort. Right now it's just kinda plan text, but me and Shaw are going to be working on it in the coming days to make it more fancy. Atleast we can start to get the word out about it now! :)

The "disc printer" is only just a sheet of CD labels

I had to actually go check, after you posted that. 'Tis true! (Goes to show how well it was laid down, though)

_______

Many recent posters have mentioned some great leads (and forwards) for shorts. That's awesome! The more that know about it, the faster to get in motion. :yes:

_______

Maybe we can get someone like DiscMakers to donate to this... they can package the disks and burn them.

what ya think?

How many films do we have?

I sent communication to them this AM, to Discmakers, and will see if they respond via Email... If not, I will call them.

Coot, very good move. I was going to contact them. :) Let me know if you hear from them. Looks like we got 5-7 films coming in so far, with more contacts being made everyday. :D

Zen, yep they make them! At Big Lots you can get 100 for 10 dollars. I might pick them up incase I deside to do a label as well. Unless Discmakers pulls threw big time for us! ;)

Leaving DiscMakers out for now.

Of the DVDs we have and are on the way to Hail, how much time can we fit on a DVD -- say two or three hours of shorts, if we just have a simple menu page listing the shorts and a play all option?

Poke

Poke, yep we can easily fit 2/3 hours hours with of shorts on one DVD. yeah I was thinking just a simple menu so they could get right to watching them all. :)

YO!

Discmakers is out... their response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to donate any of our
services at this time. We typically have a specific number of charities that we may
donate to (per year), but by the end of the year that fund is depleted.

Good luck."

SO Where are we at? What is needed... I'll go hit up a couple Wal-Marts

I just sent my flick and i'm waiting for the donate button to work so i could send some mula. So fix it j/k Just let me know if you can when it's fixed.

Wish I had more time to work on the cover idea but I've tons of other work, I have to do.

My boss and Me if I don't get my work done :director::grrr: .

Hope you like. If you want to use this as the cover, post the formte you want and I'll send it on a disc with my movie file. I plan to mail my short Monday so if you could let me know by then.

COVER.jpg

Zen, added to the list. Thanks man. Sure I can fill them out. Thanks for sending them along. They'll be nice to put on the inside of the DVD case, where an insert goes. ;)

vegas, Thanks for sending your flick out! I'll let you know when it comes. I'm working on the Paypal button. Looks like I'll have to make a new button for Shaw to upload. That one seems to be broken. I'll let you know when the new one is uploaded. :)

Chris- :eek: :woohoo: WOW!!! AMAZING WORK my friend. man...that just pops! YES we want to use this as the COVER!!!
This will go in the standerd DVD case. Measurements are 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" x 1/2"
Can't wait to view the high res version of this and see it in a case! Save it as a BMP, JPG and Gif. Gives me something to choose from. Thanks again!

Christopher said:

Last edited:
Yea That's pretty damn good work there... I like it a lot.

I'll be sending a couple files your way for the inclusion.

Are you putting everything in the DVD or choosing what goes in?

Back