Production of my new short film 'Sophie'

The film will be about 8 minutes long. The cut seems to be done and VFX and Sound department, as well as composer are currently working!

For the gear crazy people, I want to post a few pictures to keep the thread going!

Our Steadicam op with his Steadicam Archer with a mounted Sony FS100 with Carl Zeiss CP.2s. Using a Preston Follow Focus controller and motor. Shot executed from the Mantis Rickshaw!

Sophie_d2_026.jpg

Sophie_d2_021.jpg

This is a later setup. Underslung Sony FS100 mounted to Vest! Our Steadicam op did an amazing job!

614783_10151987280690245_717603435_o.jpg

This is the shoulder rig I built. It consists of a Tilta Baseplate, Zacuto Handles, Zacuto Top Handle, Zacuto EVF, Arri MB-15 Mattebox, Hangrip Falcon Follow Focus, Zeiss CP.2 Compact Primes.

All very nicely balance because the FS100 sits directly on top of my shoulder!

Sophie-216.jpg

This is a still captured by a GoPro mounted on the rig. We used this to capture Behind the Scenes:

Sophie_d1_113.jpg

Hey Phil,

Have you set a release date yet? And how did you get on with the GoPro? I'm using one for a short scene this month and quite intrigued of how it will come out!

I though most of you would appreciate a look at 2 graded screenshots from the film. Our colorist is working hard on this!!

Color_Grading_teaser.jpg

Looking great Phil, these shots have a really professional look & feel. I love the happy vintage look in the first shot. Where'd you get the costumes?

One very minor point of criticism on the grading (actually the only thing i could find after starting at it for a while) is this the hand holding the note has lost its original skin-tone a bit, it looks almost like he's wearing a glove.

Back