• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Power Up" Sunday Feb 12, 2011

About 9 hours ago, my short film "Power Up" got invited to the "Rose City Steampunk Film Festival"
Sunday, Feb. 12 at the Clinton St. Theater in Portland Oregon

More about the festival here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rose-City-Steampunk-Film-Festival/162572600449694

The Power Up Fan Page here:
http://www.facebook.com/PowerUpTheMovie

2012 festival SCHEDULE:

2pm - Doors open, vendors hawk their wares

2:15 - Music videos by Veronique Chevalier, Louis Barabbas & the Bedlam Six, and Tom Slatter

2:30 - Wormtooth Nation (2008), an ambitious independent feature film retelling A Midsummer Night's Dream as a story of

rebellion and romance in a subterranean city

3:45 - Intermission, vendors open

4pm - Reprise presentation of two standout 2011 showcase shorts: The Gray Matter (2009) and Tempus Ex Machina (2009)

4:35 - Byrd McDonald and Alan Winston discuss Vintage Tomorrows (in production), their locally-shot steampunk documentary

exploring technology, identity, and culture.

4:50 - Steampunk: Retrofuture (2011), a documentary feature principally shot at the first SteamCon.

6pm - Dinner break, vendors open

7pm - Music videos by Lovett, Starboy, and BB Blackhound

7:20 - Some remarks from the festival's director

7:25 - Short films produced in the Pacific Northwest: Penrose Triangle (2011), a time-travel-paradox farce; Wolfsbane (2011),

a Red Riding Hood tale with a spring-heeled Big Bad Wolf; and Power Up (2011), a tragedy of illusion, surrender, and loss.

Special appearance by Power Up filmmaker Dan Scott

8:10 - Intermission, vendors open

8:20 - John Gray (2011), a whimsical short about love and oatmeal. Feature-length film in development.

8:30 - The Technician (2011), Luca Cerlini's steampunk homage to Blade Runner. Italian, subtitled in English.

8:45 - Steampunk Neverland (2011), an anthology presentation of five student shorts from Vancouver Film School, reimagining

the Peter Pan story in a dystopian steampunk fantasy mode.

9:15 - Heartless (2011), a poignant origin story for Oz's Tin Man.

9:35 - Aurora (2011), the swashbuckling adventure of an airship crew racing to save their captain's wife from slavers.

Times are approximate, all information subject to change. Follow @pdxsteampunkff on Twitter for updates.

Last edited:
Ill be there.. Im getting the royal treatment, Iv been asked to Q&A.

Im going to resist answering like this Portlandia episode..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub0RYgYH1AA

"What did I shoot it on???" "I shot it on my knees"

I had a great time. I got to hone my public speaking skills a bit more (I do like to perform on stage like that for some reason)

Its a thrill to see what was in my brain spattered all over a big screen like that, and that other people that don't know me "got it"

I was very well received, had interesting Q&A and felt very much like a star.

all that said.. I brought my two teenage daughters and my brother in law and his wife.. the five of us increased the audience by 30% !

30% attendance increase!
Wow! :pop:

Okay, so... were there other directors there for the Q&A?
What sort of info did the attendees wanna know from you guys?
What did you pick up from the other directors?
And how would you tailor another steampunk short or feature by audience interest?

Last edited:
I missed the online Premiere last Halloween, btw. Do you plan on showing it again sometime soon? :blush:

Or will you be finishing a season of filmfests first?

I was the only local creator who was there. There were only a couple of locally created shorts shown, and the other one was a few years old.

Ill make it public real soon.

Hey Wheat -

Curious if you saw the documentary I edited, "Steampunk: Retrofuture." I'm on the other coast and haven't really heard much else about the turnout, reception, etc.

Glad your Q & A was great!

Jen

Back