• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Pick one

Of these three ideas for my next short , what would you pick?

Ten Thousand Dollars And One Bad Idea
An average Joe steps into an above average adventure when he bets it all on a woman.

O’Black Mountain Road
Two brothers and one pretty girl hike into murderous territory when they unwittingly interrupt an assassination plot.

A Cabin In The Woods
Appalachian newlyweds build their simple mountain home on a foundation of rock covering a deadly secret that will awaken on their wedding night.

Last edited:
Another 10 grand vote. Cabin In the Woods sounds kinda like a thousand other films...though I love all of those films and you should make it, but the 10 grand is a bit more novel.

O'Black Mountain Road

Because it sounds like a fun location to work with. I get that 10 Grand could be good but the logline doesn't really give me any idea of what it's about. How you can you bet $10,000 on a woman? Is she a race horse?

hows this..:

Our Joe, an unmarried middle manager who has the rest of his life planned out a spread sheet complete with up to date quarterly reports, finds himself at a loss when the woman he’s planned to marry refuses his proposal and leaves him kneeling in the airport lounge holding an engagement ring, two tickets to Hawaii and a $10,000 cash deposit for a joint 401K! Joe is still in shock at the bar when a clumsy, but enchanting woman enters his life in flurry of dropped luggage and spilled drinks.

Acting on impulse our Joe offers the woman a ride home. The first sign that this is a bad idea is when our Joe ends up “helping” the woman break into her own apartment!

hows this..:

Our Joe, an unmarried middle manager who has the rest of his life planned out a spread sheet complete with up to date quarterly reports, finds himself at a loss when the woman he’s planned to marry refuses his proposal and leaves him kneeling in the airport lounge holding an engagement ring, two tickets to Hawaii and a $10,000 cash deposit for a joint 401K! Joe is still in shock at the bar when a clumsy, but enchanting woman enters his life in flurry of dropped luggage and spilled drinks.

Acting on impulse our Joe offers the woman a ride home. The first sign that this is a bad idea is when our Joe ends up “helping” the woman break into her own apartment!

Now you've sold me! :)

Where are you going to get an airport from though?

hows this..:

Yep! I like it. A lot.

Question -- Romance? Or Coming of Age?

If it's Romance (and it doesn't have to be cheesy Rom-Com), he gets the girl at the end of the movie.
If it's Coming of Age, he doesn't get the girl, but she does help him move on to a more secure place in life.

Back