Permission to come aboard

After reading this forum for some time and gleaning a lot of great tech tips I decided I would only join after I had actually produced something.
Well it isn't a lot but I sold a short animation to the State of Georgia and even got paid for it.
Nothing special but it's a credit nonetheless!

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussion here and like most newcomers hope I don't annoy everyone and all with inane questions.

My background is actually radio, I've worked for the CNNRadio network and a number of local radio stations but never had anything to do with the visual media.

It's long been a dream to be able to produce video and now with the availability of equipment it's a dream that I think I can now realize.

Fortunately on the audio end I have a load of sound equipment and I've recently acquired 3 Canon Optura cameras for shooting (Not the latest thing but easy to operate and the product looks good to me!)

Thanks to advice I've read here I've started on a screenplay (we'll see how "high" the concept is as it progresses!!;) ) and am taking every opportunity to shoot and edit whatever I think of.

It must run in the family, my 12 year old son (lives with his mom in the DC area) called and told me he spent the entire day shooting a movie and was reallly frustrated with his actors!! I told him "get used to it!"

Ok, enough yapping for now
Neil Russell
Statesboro, GA

Thanks! And sorry for the nautical lingo, couldn't think of any other clever intro.

Plus.. I'll admit it, I'm a big fan of Producer/Director Irwin Allen and subscribe to his philosophy; "do it big, do it cheap"

Thanks for all the kind words! That's one thing I have noticed about this group and why I like it so much, there's constant encouragement.

I have been really impressed that even when there's difference of opinion the conversation stays light and on topic.

I feel very honored to be amongst such an august body!!

Neil

Thanks for all the kind words! That's one thing I have noticed about this group and why I like it so much, there's constant encouragement.

I have been really impressed that even when there's difference of opinion the conversation stays light and on topic.

I feel very honored to be amongst such an august body!!

Neil

Ditto. And Hello!!

Back