Pavarotti has left me not far from weeping.

"Che gelida manina" primarily, then a further onslaught of beautiful Italian titles that were sadly chartered as Unknown. Ofcourse, as it where, "Nessun Dorma" landed the final blow.

I daren't listen to Mario Lanza, a fools decision would be to do so tonight.

How serendipitous! I got home from a long day's work last night and cued up Lanza singing 'O Danny Boy' and wept into my Absolut and orange juice.

I couldn't possibly, Charles. "Oh Danny boy" has been an anthem of mine for obvious reasons, be it my name.

He does it so well. Although, i must say on this occasion, "The Voice" is a close second, behind a withered Irish woman, who happened to sing this to me at a birthday gathering.

Obviously they are talking about Murray O'Lanza, the famous Irish tenor.
smiley_banjo.gif

Just thinking Danny Boy and now im teary at my desk.
You all know my first name is indeed Danny.. My father in law (whom I loved as my own blood) was always signing songs to the current situation.. anytime he wanted to ask me a question he'd start with the first line of the song in his fantastic baritone "Oh Danny Boy... where is the hammer" kinda stuff.. always made me groan.

I thank God, that I had the singular pleasure of recording my father in law.. It was just me, him a piano and a player in a quite room.. .. he wasn't at his best, the Parkinson's was taking its heavy toll by that time, and I really didn't have the right setup, but that recording is a treasure in my heart.

Dont know why I shared that... perls before swine? ;) nah.. its a good story.

Just thinking Danny Boy and now im teary at my desk.
You all know my first name is indeed Danny.. My father in law (whom I loved as my own blood) was always signing songs to the current situation.. anytime he wanted to ask me a question he'd start with the first line of the song in his fantastic baritone "Oh Danny Boy... where is the hammer" kinda stuff.. always made me groan.

I thank God, that I had the singular pleasure of recording my father in law.. It was just me, him a piano and a player in a quite room.. .. he wasn't at his best, the Parkinson's was taking its heavy toll by that time, and I really didn't have the right setup, but that recording is a treasure in my heart.

Dont know why I shared that... perls before swine? ;) nah.. its a good story.

It sounds nothing short of golden, Wheat.

:)

Dad had some awesome stories.. the "teachers" were teaching about HOOP snakes and folk magic when he got there. It was a one room shack in very rural Kentucky.

Back