overnight

Saw an amazing doc the other night which I think most on this board would love. It's called OVERNIGHT and follows the self-destructive Troy Duffy as he tries to make BOONDOCK SAINTS. Some might remember he's the guy for whom Miramax bought him the bar where he tended. He falls, and falls BIG TIME, and all the while you're so rooting for him to fail. He's delusional, rude, a complete (insert insult of your choice here). The way he treats his friends and badmouths every big shot in Hollywood ON CAMERA must be seen. This is how not to act when success comes knocking. It's only on Netflix now, but will be released wide next month. Really, a much see for anyone in the film or music biz. (The final payoff with his band will make you laugh out loud.)

I remember listening to the commentary for Boondock Saints. I don't remember him being rude. I seem to remember enjoying it. This is interesting though. I'd like to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Loved Boondock Saints. He MUST be a twisted (insert insult here). I'll look out for that one, thanks for the heads up!

I'd like put my fist in that guys face. Every single time a person like that burns somebody like Wienstien, I would think the level of trust breaks down further. What really makes me angry about Duffy is that he purposly surrounds himself with people that will not stick up to him. If I put my time in and expected to be paid and Troy Duffy said "I don't care how you feel. I don't give a flying fuck about you." Believe me there would have been fists flying (this is in his brothers apartement out of the public eye.) His own brother never even stuck up to him. This guy is truely the worst peice of crap I have ever seen. Its funny how he lied and said that Columbine is why the movie got put on the backburner. He had screwed everything up way before Columbine. Well I don't want to give it away. If you are a serious Indie filmaker be prepared to be upset. I saw it once and will not be watching it again.

I never saw Boondock, and yes, OVERNIGHT was brilliant. It's really about a person who's being handed the pot of gold, and instead of being grateful and proving he's worth it, he pisses all over it, all over the people who gave it to him, and anyone else who comes within range.

...kinda like all those Calvin bumper stickers?
smiley_pac.gif

How did all this BTS footage get shot, btw? If there was enough of it to make a comprehensive doc from, that's a lot of cameras floating around at just the "right" times. Sure it's not some kind of poorly thought out publicity stunt?

I heard that this film shows Troy Duffy managed to do what not many people can do, make an audience sympathize with Harvey Weinstein.

sorry spelling is off, have not had coffee and a smoke yet

Back