No offer

If you've seen my previous posts please disregard them. i am no longer interested in a partner.
I was niave enough to think that people think outside the box as much as I do...but there is one thing that i want to say....

I THINK BIG.

I have talked to barry phillips and even though he didn't guaruntee me anything there is a good chance
I'll get the funding. I described my project and what i wanted to do and he will likely help me get at least
$5 million for production....AT LEAST...

I have worked my ass off to get to the point to where now at a very young age I have a chance to put a film INTO THEATERS which has been a long time dream. If you wish me luck...thank you very much.
If you think I'm a scam.....you won't be thinking that late 2015 early 2016.

I HAVE FOUND A PARTNER. Thank god he thinks outside the box...I know what i was asking was outlandish
but I thought somebody would have the adventurous spirit to at least ask for a "safer" way to help...even though i offered to show an ID and I don't know what scammer does that.

Til next year
Dashawn thomas

If you've seen my previous posts please disregard them. i am no longer interested in a partner.
I was niave enough to think that people think outside the box as much as I do...but there is one thing that i want to say....

I THINK BIG.

I have talked to barry phillips and even though he didn't guaruntee me anything there is a good chance
I'll get the funding. I described my project and what i wanted to do and he will likely help me get at least
$5 million for production....AT LEAST...

I have worked my ass off to get to the point to where now at a very young age I have a chance to put a film INTO THEATERS which has been a long time dream. If you wish me luck...thank you very much.
If you think I'm a scam.....you won't be thinking that late 2015 early 2016.

I HAVE FOUND A PARTNER. Thank god he thinks outside the box...I know what i was asking was outlandish
but I thought somebody would have the adventurous spirit to at least ask for a "safer" way to help...even though i offered to show an ID and I don't know what scammer does that.

Til next year
Dashawn thomas
Learning is tough, isn't it? Some people don't think the way you
do. Some people are cautious. Someday you will grow up and
understand that. Several of us were respectful - you ignored us.
Several of us were cautious and asked serious questions - you
ignored us. You focused on the people who were negative.

If you run away from adversity you will fail. Stand tall. Face the
people who doubt you. Ally with the people who offer. Instead of
running away - "I'm taking my ball and leaving. You'll see!" - take
a breath and join in the community. We're all filmmakers here.
Learn. Grow. Help others.

That's difficult to do. Do you have it in you?

anyone who was respectful i apologize for not paying as much attention...I've made several films with no budget and the game is different when there actually is a budget..I did learn something from this

ALWAYS LIST DETAILS

if you have questions or curiosities I'm getting ready to set up a facebook page where I will keep people posted.

Reggie Von 2015/2016

Here's the thing - there's a pattern we see pretty regularly around here.

People drop in with unrealistic, grandiose plans, certain of the inevitability of near-term success, but with little track record or experience indicating they're likely to succeed. They come here looking for help with these plans, presenting it as an amazing opportunity for those who can think outside of the box and see the brilliance of it all.

Most replies to these posts tend to be skeptical, based on years of real-world experience and knowledge of the industry and filmmaking process. Inevitably the original poster reacts negatively to this response because it clashes with their sincere belief in the plan they've laid out. Sometimes they just stop posting and disappear, other times they sign off with a final "I'll show you" farewell post in which they vow to return a conquering hero.

And that's the last we ever hear of them.

Well, except for that one time where someone actually tracked down the person later and things had gone terribly wrong for them.

I sincerely wish you luck. I hope that you will break this pattern and return in a year with a successful film.

I'd personally rather you stuck around, became part of the community here and took advantage of the opportunity to learn from those who have gone down the path you're embarking on to improve your odds. And along the way, by sharing your own experiences, maybe help someone else out who's just starting out. But that's up to you.

I'd personally rather you stuck around, became part of the community here and took advantage of the opportunity to learn from those who have gone down the path you're embarking on to improve your odds. And along the way, by sharing your own experiences, maybe help someone else out who's just starting out. But that's up to you.
Yup.

Around here we actually DO want see how the sausage making happens. :yes:

il_570xN.187523403.jpg

even though i offered to show an ID and I don't know what scammer does that.

Sure they do.... Some criminals are just dumb... the smart ones though, they just use someone elses ID. So what you're saying is no assurance that you're a scammer or legit.

If you run away from adversity you will fail. Stand tall. Face the
people who doubt you. Ally with the people who offer. Instead of
running away - "I'm taking my ball and leaving. You'll see!" - take
a breath and join in the community. We're all filmmakers here.
Learn. Grow. Help others.

That's too inside the box thinking, right?

There are a lot of people here who think outside the box. There are a lot of very creative thinkers out there. The problem with your approach on multiple threads is that you've hoped that people wouldn't think about the potential risks you have been asking people to take on your behalf.

I THINK BIG.

That's great. I think different to you, though I also think big. I personally wouldn't let such a piddly amount such as $8k be the only hurdle to my success. But you think big. I assume that also applies to problems. No point having little problems. Gotta make them big, right?

ALWAYS LIST DETAILS

Ain't that something. At least you've learned something from your trip here.

The devil is always in the details.

There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. In fact, many people who have become some of the greats have thought outside the box. You also need to learn to communicate those ideas well and learn to communicate with others who either fail to see your vision or see potential holes (red flags) and ask questions.

Good luck with your endeavor. I'm now at the point where I see you're going to need it.

What everyone else said. God bless you, and I hope you show us what you're really made of and become a huge filmmaking success. I hope you stick around and become a constructive regular.

Though, I would note, if I were a mod, I would have already warned you not to make so many threads about the same topic. Please be more respectful of I.T., and help us all out by keeping the forum more tidy. At this point, it looks an awful lot like you're spamming the forum.

I'm sure that's not your intention. So please reconsider how many threads you're going to make on this same topic.

I've had the benefit of working in a law firm for a number of years and have had offers of getting huge sums of money (millions) from everyone from Barristers to oil skieks from Saudi Arabia. I've shown these deals to paralegals and lawyers as they came in.

When a "barrister" emailed me a scanned image of a photo ID passport from a barrister from the UK, I was informed by a lawyer that sending such an email with a scanned image is illegal. So, what real barrister would do this? When I presented this to the"Barrister" he vanished and never replied to another email.

I was offered by an oil shiek that if I took a trip to Saudi Arabia, I would be given a skid of $10 Million to take back to the USA with me. This is an easy ploy to get robbed and killed in a foreign country. It's not worth the risk.

On LinkedIn, I was offered $50 Million loans by owners of financing companies in the Middle East with low repayment interest. But, what would the monthly repayments be? Would such a risk be worth it? When I mentioned the loan offer on LinkedIn, I attracted the attention of an ex-studio executive. He looked over my project and declined helping me. Apparently, it did not meet up to studio standards. So, how would I pay back the loan? I've revised the script and still working on revising the rest of the package since then.

My dad was told he won the lottery in the UK. All he had to do was pay the taxes $20,000 USA dollars to collect 50 Million pounds. Like a fool he took out a cash advance with credit cards and sent them the money. He never collect on his "winnings."

So, excuse us when we worry about a scam.

Best of luck you don't run into one.

Stay in touch with us. We're not a bad group of people.

Last edited:
OP - you're hilarious! All you need is someone to give you $8k USD and there you go! I actually find that funny!

I believe now, that you're no scammer. However, your fundraising methods sound on a par with the email I received today where I won the Nigerian lottery... again.

As a suggestion, why don't you create a diary on here listing your efforts? I'm doing one as well in the distribution section listing my attempt (probably doomed to failure) to make something that will make money for all the world to see. Incidentally, you can see lots of my previous efforts on here (short films, music vids etc... so you can see exactly what I've done.

Seriously, though - can the mods please combine a few of OP's posts. Maybe even create an 'I have no money, never made a movie but if you give me all of yours then a magnificent film will ensue' section. For those of us who have actually experienced sitting in front of someone capable of writing a $25m USD cheque, this self-aggrandising stuff is pretty funny.

Yeah, stick around. I admit I had a bit of fun at your expense (my Nigerian Prince thing), but it wasn't mean-spirited. Your naivete was just too fat and juicy to allow it to walk down the street without a pinprick or two for your own good. You'll have more street-cred with your shiny boots scuffed up a bit, and no longer coming off like a rube. You're welcome. :D

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I wasn't ready to start my business when I graduated from high school. I needed more education and work experience - most people are like that.

I just keep thinking 'Midnight Cowboy' for some reason.

Nothing is easy in filmmaking other than thinking up of stuff.

anyone who was respectful i apologize for not paying as much attention...I've made several films with no budget and the game is different when there actually is a budget..I did learn something from this

ALWAYS LIST DETAILS

if you have questions or curiosities I'm getting ready to set up a facebook page where I will keep people posted.

Reggie Von 2015/2016
Apology accepted.

Most of us here know well how the game changes when there is a
budget. I've made movies for $300 and for $30,000 and for $300,000
and even $4 million. Glad you learned a little something. And we're
here to keep helping you. I know I am.

You're going to hear things you don't want to hear - we're a pretty
realistic bunch here - so I suggest you take what is relevant and offer
a simple "thank you" for advice that isn't. Believe it or not just about
every regular poster here in indietalk would love to see you succeed.

Apology accepted.

Most of us here know well how the game changes when there is a
budget. I've made movies for $300 and for $30,000 and for $300,000
and even $4 million. Glad you learned a little something. And we're
here to keep helping you. I know I am.

You're going to hear things you don't want to hear - we're a pretty
realistic bunch here - so I suggest you take what is relevant and offer
a simple "thank you" for advice that isn't. Believe it or not just about
every regular poster here in indietalk would love to see you succeed.

What movies did you make out of pure curiosity?

I saw this thread and I had to register to learn more from dashawn. I have so many questions. You must think out of the box. I am eager to find out how you were able to get a finance company interested in giving a young film maker $25million without any equity. Also, once you secured the loan, how were you planning to pay it off?

Even more important, it sounds like you got $5million in financing. This is exciting news! Can you please tell us more about this? I think every film maker would like to know how you pulled this off. Please keep us informed as how this progresses. I think this is a breakthrough in independent film making. I have a few film ideas and $5million would go a long way.

Congratulations on your financing.

Back