• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch new series teaser: Everything Will be Fine

Hello everyone,
I'm a filmmaker out of portland, oregon and we are getting ready to release a series that we shot here in our beloved city.

the project was shot with a micro crew, sometime it was only the director and actors out on location filming scenes. other times we had the benefit of an assistant. this entire process was a testament to what can be accomplished with very few dedicated people.

PLUG:
Everything Will be Fine is black-comedy series filmed entirely in Portland with local cast and crew, featuring a great soundtrack from some of Portland's Finest.

Desperate to escape their dead-end lives and start anew, a pair of young Brits seek out a rich American uncle only to find themselves lost, penniless and 3000 miles from their intended destination.

Through a maze of self medicating distractions, the young Brits pinball their way through the bowels of Portland, meeting a host of unbalanced residents along the way as they struggle to find their way home.

hope you enjoy the teaser! thanks, and keep on keeping on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K259UtyJaMQ

we are working with a "branded media company" that is shopping it with some of the cable stations, ie, HBO, Showtime, they're also taking it to the European markets.. so, as of now we are not really sure where it might end up. but if that effort adds up to a hill of beans, then we will be taking the "Shotgun approach" and getting it posted on as many sites as we can online and build a following that way.

it's a very interesting time for independents with all these new opportunities and the expansion web based viewership.

do you guys have any similar stories with projects/approaches that have been shared around here?

nice, looks funny though, im sorta tired of junkie love shows.. but, hey in Portland, it will fly.. fly HIGH man.. ( I know Im presuming the drug angle if its NOT in there please forgive me)

Has that Sid and Nancy feel...

is there a glut of -- junkie love shows? i would truly be interested in seeing some of that material. I do not and have not watched any television for 20+ years.

drugs do play a part, but does not drive the story...

Its not everyone's cup on tea, but the people that get the (black) humor seem to really like it... still waiting for some links to the "love junkie shows"! :)

Thanks for the positive comments! The sound was captured with cos-11 lav microphones. We have one lectrosonic system and then one 2 channel audio technicia system. This allows me to monitor the sound being captured in-camera. This also means no need for additional sound department crew and no attention grabbing boompole out on location. The more people I can strip out of our crew needs allows us shoot without huge scheduling headaches... Thanks for taking the time to post you guys!

Good work man.

The main characters plus the feel of the piece remind me a little of Shameless, which is, to coin a phrase, a junkie love show.

Nick, checked out some of "Shameless" I like to think that I'm fairly savy with the whole British accent, but man could hardly make out a complete sentence of dialogue.. aside from that, I liked it so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

Back