new filmakers!

New filmaker here from arkasans im a big fan of darren aronofsky and im working on a new film. just thought id introduce myself

'sup CalebME :cool:

I didn't see a website, in your profile, for your film.

Looking forward to hearing more about it. :)

5 teenagers growing up in in a large city battle through their senior year in highschool as they live the life every teenager witnesses. drug abuse etc. they seperately try to find th emeaning of life and what its for and why they are here on this earth. they each end up with a different answer in a twistful ending. any ideas let me know. remeber im a beginner here thanx alot!

You need to make it really special because the whole "teenager searching for meaning" has been done in 90% of all first time and college films out there.

Welcome!

Ok, my point is that when you start watching a lot of first time films and college films, the majority of them have to do with a character struggling through life, searching out meaning, or it finds the character, and either the character lives happily ever after or dies.

I've seen good examples of this, one of the better ones, in my opinion, being one of the less violent and angst ridden ones, was Braff's Garden State. Technically, another good version of this would be Dicken's a Christmas Carol.

I can't tell you how to spice it up, I can just tell you to avoid a linear copy of what I said before... character struggles, finds enlightenment or chases it but doesnt find it, lives happily ever after or dies. 9 times out of 10 its a male character and he's just finishing high school or starting college, is trapped as a suburban hoodlem forced to comply with societies order, addicted to something or has some other problem, then meets a girl/has a moment of enlightenment and now everythings going to be different. I'm saying the formula is OK, and can be warped, just dont fall too much into the trap of making just another movie like I mentioned.

I like the idea of 5 simultaneous stories going on as long as you handle it right, but that might be a big task for a first timer.

...Garden State is a good example. One I thought was good was the Virgin Suicides. Though the females in the film end up dead, the ending doesn't tie up any loose ends. When I first saw it, I immediately fell into the 'well, why did they all do that?' mode. But what makes the film different is that it leaves the story the way something like this actually would end; with everyone wondering why and not having any real answers. Usually, a film tries to explain everything. Here, the suicides are left just as they were, with everyone confused and not knowing how to respond or act or what really was the reasoning.

...so, whatever you decide to do, give it an unusual turn.

--spinner :cool:

changes have been made its in a small town now roughly in southern states. the 5 has been cut to 3 and the surprise ending has been developed hope the film makes it onhere by next year.

casting is going into development right now trying to find my trio. looking for a 6'1 white blond male. a 5'10 -5'11 burnett female and a 5'11 dark haired male

ages rang from 18-20
the movie will be a drama/thriller.
its a story of 3 teens going into the world. Dan Beyers and his g/f Regina eventualy break up after highschool as dan comes to his best freind ryan for comfort. But trouble begins as regina also comes to ryan for comfort. A relationship begins b/w regina and ryan they never had before begins. Dan speaks of regina meeting another guy as ryan keeps it a secret that it is him."i want to kill the **** who is with her right now," are phrases spoken by dan as he talks to ryan. Dan eventually finds out as "brother is watching you" twist unfolds.

look for a trailer or somthing in the furture the title will proably being somthing to do with dans name. ex. Danny Rage or Dans pergatory....ect

Back