Never been this excited in my life!!!

after a long and a crazy journey, I finally found my real passion, I kinda knew it from the start but i wasn't confident that i can make it nor did I know how to become one, all i did was watch so many different movies and try to make my own, although all i did was stupid short clips, but i enjoyed every bit of the process, and when you see your art on a big screen alongside with everyone who struggled with you into creating the masterpiece, it's unbelievable just having that thought.

The biggest 2 obstacles i'm currently having right now are Money and Age.
I live in Sudan, so it's a real struggle to buy gears and find a crew here.
And I just hit my 20's, and I feel as if it's too late to even consider it.

Anyway, I'm glad i found this forum, and hopefully i will find amazing people here who have common goals like me
:D:D

20 is very young and in fact the vast majority of people at 20 haven't started their first career.
my last doctor retired from software development and then became a doctor in his 40s, which goes to show that some people move on to a second career well after they've established themselves in a first career.

Now we come to money - aka the great enabler.
In fact money would enable you to hire the best professionals and you could learn from them as they make your movie for you. It'd be like creating your own film school just for yourself and damn would it be expensive!!!

I see you're not a wealthy bruce wayne type so this leads me to the question - do you intend to write your own screenplays? Because if you want to be a writer then I have good news. It costs nothing more than the electricity running your computer in order to write.

And writing is the first step... very very few people will try to film without having something written down first

after a long and a crazy journey, I finally found my real passion, I kinda knew it from the start but i wasn't confident that i can make it nor did I know how to become one, all i did was watch so many different movies and try to make my own, although all i did was stupid short clips, but i enjoyed every bit of the process, and when you see your art on a big screen alongside with everyone who struggled with you into creating the masterpiece, it's unbelievable just having that thought.

The biggest 2 obstacles i'm currently having right now are Money and Age.
I live in Sudan, so it's a real struggle to buy gears and find a crew here.

Anyway, I'm glad i found this forum, and hopefully i will find amazing people here who have common goals like me

Like the guy above said, start writing screenplays immediately, and always be ready to rewrite them to make them better. Never get too attached, because you will learn new things and realize the way you did it the first time wasn't right.

Age does not matter in creating cinema. A couple asshole producers in Los Angeles are really turned on by young, hot filmmakers. But even for those couple of producers, it doesn't matter so much that they would ignore a good filmmaker. In general, it doesn't matter AT ALL what your age is. No one will be thinking about your age while they watch the film you made, and let's be honest here, the real beauty of filmmaking is that people will be seeing your perspective and hearing your message long after you are gone from this world :) and that puts a smile on my face.

the real beauty of filmmaking is that people will be seeing your perspective and hearing your message long after you are gone from this world

Damn i can't even get people to watch my stuff when they know me and i'm still alive.
You sure people are going to be watching your stuff a hundred years from now?

Damn i can't even get people to watch my stuff when they know me and i'm still alive.
You sure people are going to be watching your stuff a hundred years from now?

SOMEONE will if you preserve it right ;) I can't wait to make my first feature in the next few years. A feature film, if you can exhibit it somewhere, and it exists in long term storage as well as digitally in various places, more than likely it will survive to be viewed long after we're gone.

If I end up successful and make several features in my life, I want to eventually make a really cool lower budget feature, something really unique with some talented collaborators, have everyone sign NDA's and be sworn to secrecy, and once the film is done, BURY IT, in various places throughout the world, and never talk about it again. Would be fun for someone to find this when they are renovating a building, or expanding infrastructure, etc, and not only is the movie actually good, but it has A-list actors and NO ONE has seen it before. Would cause quite a stir :D

Dude, when I was 20 I didn't even know what kind of girls I actually like. So your Age is definitely not an issue. If you really found your thing at that age, you should actually be considering yourself very lucky in that sense.

I go to film school and most of them in my school (considering both Grad and Undergrad) are 18 to 28. There are some above 30. From that perspective, you are either at the right age or even somewhat early.

Welcome to film making.

Back