• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Need everyone's help to possibly get some financing for my film.

Welcome to indietalk.

How does voting thumbs up on this video help to possibly get some financing for your film?

@Rik, it's for a contest where you make a short version of your feature (it has to be under 40 min). The prize is 50,000 cash, plus 200,000 to finance your idea.

The first round winners are probably chosen based on view counts as well as the amount of folks who click the 'like' button.

It actually seems like one of the best contests I've seen out there. I'd love to get a crew together, I've got a great feature idea (but not too many pages written :( )

Ok, well I got the contests mixed up, the OP had entered the olympus PEN your story challenge. Which has a prize of 5000 bucks. The one I was thinking of is here: http://www.openfilm.com/studio/

@Dreadylocks, do you know whether this stretches across the pond? The UK sucks for film contests.

Also, share with us the feature you've got hidden away! :D

As far as the eligibility requirements on their site, it looks like it's a worldwide competition (as long as you are 18 and have no relation to the folks putting it on, that is).

I'll share my idea, but you gotta promise not to steal it!

As far as the eligibility requirements on their site, it looks like it's a worldwide competition (as long as you are 18 and have no relation to the folks putting it on, that is).

I'll share my idea, but you gotta promise not to steal it!

Sweet deals, I'm sure my family-tree is film-competition-panel-free, I may have to look more into this with the guys.

And for your script, of course we wouldn't! I'm no thief in the night, just enjoy the riffing and brainstorming that pours out of the forums when a feature pops up. :cool: Gotta the love the minds we have here willing to help out!

PS. For the general, am i watching 'I'm a Cyborg but that's okay' or 'City of life and death' this evening?

I can't decide, I've been looking at their cases for over an hour:huh:

@Rik, it's for a contest where you make a short version of your feature (it has to be under 40 min). The prize is 50,000 cash, plus 200,000 to finance your idea.
I see.

So this is just someone posting one time in an
attempt to get votes in a contest. Hoping that
people will vote for his movie without even looking
at any of the others. No time to actually answer
a question from a fellow filmmaker or "gasp" take
the time to pitch their project in message posted
on a dozen message boards. That would take too
much effort.

I'm I just getting cranky in my old age? "Get off
my lawn you kids!"

Does this work? Are any of you going to click on
the link, watch the movie and vote for him?

Re: the Olympus contest

Apparently by entering you give them your intellectual property, as in they own it.

Fuck them.

A lot of these corporate contests are claiming ownership of the materials submitted these days.

I have no interest whatsoever in handing the marketing scumbags at any company the right to my intellectual property.

Back