MySpace Indie Talkers

Perhaps if I was selling cheezy bling?

Why not make a cheesy-bling trailer with hip-hop music to get them to buy your DVD documentaries about love, and what it means to my grandmother. Just take the shot of your granny trying on different types of bling, intersperse it with a car chase from another movie, and put a lame-ass East Coast (and by that I mean Newfoundland) version of 50cent's latest trackon top. Then add a slate, saying "Bad Boy G-Dawg gives this movie five shizzles and a hizzle"

Actually, Knightly- you're right on. I stayed up all Saturday(night)-Sunday(morn) rendering and editing French Onion. Didn't get a chance to catch up on winks last night because I was writing, and tonight... well, maybe I'll sleep... maybe...

The only way to effectively use myspace for promotion (unless you happen to already have a built in fan base, like a major recording artist, or whatever) is to be a "friend whore"

Spend hours upon hours every day friend requesting everyone, until you too have as many friends as the illustrious 'Tom' Then, when you send out bulletins, everyone gets 'em, and so long as you write compelling copy, you could generate some worthwhile traffic.

Aside from that, it's wholly overrun by obnoxious teens, and (I hate the term, but it seems to be an accepted part of the lexicon now) "tweens" or worse yet, "tweens" pretending to be teens, and worse still dirty old men pretending to be teens.. and so on and so forth.

A viable BUSINESS promotional tool, nah, probably not.. a promotional tool to pimp yourself out to the reality-tv-instead-of-REAL-MTV generation, yeah.. it's probably good for that.

The only way to effectively use myspace for promotion (unless you happen to already have a built in fan base, like a major recording artist, or whatever) is to be a "friend whore"

Spend hours upon hours every day friend requesting everyone, until you too have as many friends as the illustrious 'Tom'
I couldn't agree more. People complain that Myspace isn't that easy and that you have to work at it... That's the idea! The more you work at it, the more traffic it generates and thereby the more hits the advertiser banners gets. It's a big game and honestly, it sucks. It's work that we don't get paid for and we all got suckered in.

I'm already tired of the Myspace thing and would love to drop it... But now, you can't since you're already in. Just like Michael Corleone in Godfather III, no matter how much he wants out, they pull him back in. :lol:

Got you guys with the exception of Sonnyboo ('add friends' page cannot be found) and Will (seems to have a cover charge:P).

Who else has a MySpace Film page there?

Back