• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My series idea

Hi, gals and guys! I plan a series at the moment. It’s a superhero series. The idea is – it belongs to me. Don’t be a copycat! – that young superheroes-to-be goes to a superhero high school and experience adventures which can be everything—weird, horror, sad, etc. But the problem is, I haven’t any idea how to plan it? Do you have some tips?

P.S.: It shall have PG-13. Maybe R. And a little bit like Disney’s Sky high

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool idea. How about, to get into the school, you have to prove you have a superpower. There may be different levels of powers, and some are not called "super" yet. And at this school they help you develop and hone your power to do good in the world.

So, a kid is able to touch a light bulb and it turns on. It's very confusing to him, as he has no idea of what to do with this power.

At this school they help him develop it, but it is like every other high school, with drama, jealousy, fights, and cliques.

The cliques can be based on powers. Like some kids are called certain names and made fun of because of the power they possess. Like kids that can turn on lights, called "Lightweights".

Hero High

Okay brainstorm over. Have at it. I give you this free :lol:

@indietalk Yah! I get also a little bit inspiration by RocketJump’s VGHS. There are levels, too. (Maybe from freshman to super/senior.) Of course, they got the daily life of a normal kid. You know. Oh! Hero high is a little bit cheesy, and already exist (Mattel has the rights of it.). But I haven’t any ideas for characters or the first season.

Just write it out. What is the theme of the series? Now... create some conflict that disrupts that theme... now, flesh out some characters and give them some lines... a story arc... now, you are doing it.. :)

You can start by writing down your main characters and some of the supporting characters. Write down their history and personality etc.

@indietalk What can I say about conflict? Besides normal school problems, maybe fighting evil villains, monsters, etc.? I don’t know. I always outline first, then write. So, BIG PROBLEM, dude. (Oh Yah! By the way, my dream studio – so, which should realize it RocketJump.)

Honestly, just write. I brainstormed the above for you. May not be the best but I just wrote it out... some of what you write will suck. Some you will love today and hate tomorrow. Or love for a year, and despise a year later. But you have to write or nothing happens. Get in the groove, and it starts to come together.

Wondering why I pictured this as animated but now that I look, it doesn't specify.

I think you should do an all girls school, and make it like the "Mean Girls" of superheros.

One of the students can create fire with his hands, but has little control over it, so half of the time he gets suspended because he burnt his homework by accident :-p

Back