• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

My Dream Projects Final Trailer (Fantasy Film)

“Purposeful Imperfection is the reality we filmmakers dream to perfect.” - Me trying to think of an intro.

Asher here, I am very honoured to present my fantasy feature films final trailer! A story in the making for 16 years and a production for 4 years including a few failures, I’ve also tried to innovate in a few arenas of film with this project. I hope these techniques strengthen the story in the eyes of the viewer, specifically the target audience which is suicidal/depressed persons.

A couple mentions:
-This is the first ever Live Action Silhouette-Feature Film. There has only ever been one full silhouette film 95 years ago (The Adventures of Prince Achmed) which was animated, so was excited to explore this enormous vacancy in terms of silhouette feature films. Who knows the innovation that could be done in this arena.

-It’s 2 Dimensional Live Action, basically real photos composited and arranged to create nearly everything. This method has been scattered throughout films here and there over the years, for this project I chose to delve right into the style, using it back to back with the Silhouette style to create the backbone visual palette. I am pleased with it and see a lot of room for innovation using this technique, (like so much potential it’s scary) hoping others see this as well! Film itself releases March 16 for free on YouTube.

That’s about all I’ve got to say my friends, would love to hear your opinions and feedback as always. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I realize my posts look harsh, but I wasn't able to watch it due to the music and it frustrated me. That mash-up is not gelling and it's actually creating an unpleasant aural experience. If you want people to watch the trailer you should look into new music.

I realize my posts look harsh, but I wasn't able to watch it due to the music and it frustrated me. That mash-up is not gelling and it's actually creating an unpleasant aural experience. If you want people to watch the trailer you should look into new music.
I’m sorry that you feel that way really, perhaps it would make more sense if I told you that the the film itself also has an unsettling aura. Since it is about a person facing what is wrong inside their heart, and reality is dying, and there is suicide, genocide etc etc. Its not exactly the most pleasant experience, even the audio is warped as well as the visuals. I’m sorry to hear that this put you off to such an extent in the trailer where it is unbearable, but I guess as with all things it’s not for everyone. I will take this feedback though and try to tone is back a little in the future If many other people think the same. I appreciate it as always.

Last edited:
Like piracy?
Funnily enough (tho it’s not funny) yes. Main character has committed genocide after being possessed, he’s the last person left and all the spirit of darkness needs is to make him kill himself of his own will after being shown what he’s done. This film should make almost everyone look at themselves, specifically their own dark side / shadow and what they need to improve. It’s no sunshine and rainbows its real talk. Everything about the film is meant to make you feel uneasy and confronted.

I like the odd mix of music but only in a short dose.. like 10 seconds if the visual is building to a discord at the same time, then it works for me.
but sitting there after a minute of it.. doesn't make me want to keep watching.

I see a lot of new artists obsess over their art having truth and discomfort and pain in it... but in my opinion...
The world and news is full of discomfort and pain already, nobody is gonna be seeking out even more of it.

People watch movies to escape reality, not to have the worst parts of reality rubbed in their face.

Last edited:
I like the odd mix of music but only in a short dose.. like 10 seconds if the visual is building to a discord at the same time, then it works for me.
but sitting there after a minute of it.. doesn't make me want to keep watching.

I see a lot of new artists obsess over their art having truth and discomfort and pain in it... but in my opinion...
The world and news is full of discomfort and pain already, nobody is gonna be seeking out even more of it.

People watch movies to escape reality, not to have the worst parts of reality rubbed in their face.
Thanks for the review of the music, I’ve decided to change it because of all the feedback:). Thanks guys.

Also while the film is very dark it isn’t so dark that it’s not good to watch emotionally. It is still very immersive and ends on a very happy note that is extremely uplifting and motivational for everyone.

I don't know much about audio mixing, but I imagine a lot of work went into this soundtrack, and so it must feel not so great to not get a good response to it. But I kind of agree. The off key MJ does have a creepy feeling, which is probably what you were going for, but it is a little off putting and distracting. Maybe (just a top of head idea) replace Mj with something simple but tuneful. I thought, for some reason, of something like this, the opening to Amazon's Man in the High Castle.

On second thought, maybe no. But this is just the trailer. Looking forward to the film. :)

And one more thing. If it is not too late, I think you really need a possessive apostrophe in The King's World.

Last edited:
I don't know much about audio mixing, but I imagine a lot of work went into this soundtrack, and so it must feel not so great to not get a good response to it. But I kind of agree. The off key MJ does have a creepy feeling, which is probably what you were going for, but it is a little off putting and distracting. Maybe (just a top of head idea) replace Mj with something simple but tuneful. I thought, for some reason, of something like this, the opening to Amazon's Man in the High Castle.

On second thought, maybe no. But this is just the trailer. Looking forward to the film. :)

And one more thing. If it is not too late, I think you really need a possessive apostrophe in The King's World.
Yeah the song for this trailer wasn’t as good as it could have been mixing wise. I did replace it in the re-upload with another song though in another thread :). Also That’s a good tune you recommended I’ll be sure to save it.
Glad ur looking forward to the film on the 16th!
Also you’re right The Kings World would have an apostrophe if there was one King, however there are several. This doesn’t necessarily justify the wording choice lol it should be the world of the kings in that case but if I’m being honest it’s just what I used to call the fantasy world when I was like 8 years old so haven’t thought to change it U know what I mean.

Last edited:
Good for you! There are a lot of cool images in your vid -- a cool, strange variety. I like they guy with the kind of bucket on his head and the trombone, and the home movie like images, the fishing, the boy and his dog . . . It should be interesting.

And, I hate to be pedantic, and of course it's your choice, but I have a bad feeling about a grammatical error in the title of a thing. The rule:

if you have a noun that needs to be both plural and possessive, follow the rule to make it plural by adding an S or ES, then add an apostrophe. So if you want to refer to the home that belongs to the entire Brown family, it would be the Browns' home.

So, I'm pretty sure, if it is the world of the Kings, it would be the King's world, if it was one king, and The Kings' World it there were many.

However, if the title is how a kid would say it, or if you have a reason for the way it is, then it's probably fine. Anyway. Good luck :)

Last edited:
It's actually correct if it is not possessive. If it is a world of kings, a kings world is correct. Similar to a writers workshop.
If it is possessive and it is their world, then it does need an apostrophe.

Good for you! There are a lot of cool images in your vid -- a cool, strange variety. I like they guy with the kind of bucket on his head and the trombone, and the home movie like images, the fishing, the boy and his dog . . . It should be interesting.

And, I hate to be pedantic, and of course it's your choice, but I have a bad feeling about a grammatical error in the title of a thing. The rule:

if you have a noun that needs to be both plural and possessive, follow the rule to make it plural by adding an S or ES, then add an apostrophe. So if you want to refer to the home that belongs to the entire Brown family, it would be the Browns' home.

So, I'm pretty sure, if it is the world of the Kings, it would be the King's world, if it was one king, and The Kings' World it there were many.

However, if the title is how a kid would say it, or if you have a reason for the way it is, then it's probably fine. Anyway. Good luck :)
I’m glad you see a few things of interest in the trailer and I hope you see interested in the film as well friend.
I’m excited to hear more feedback and criticisms. Also as a slight spoiler and extra reason I’m thinking of making every letter in KINGS stand for something in the story like a place or person each, been thinking of it for a while but difficult to decide with so many stories to go off lmao. Maybe I’ll let every fan decide what each letter stands for themselves.

And finally . . . I can't help but admire your confidence. Every time I write something . . . I polish until it seems right, until i like it, like my voice, and then:

Re-reading, I hate myself for liking myself for being so obvious, so sententious, so sophomoric. I'm holding out some hope that there is a pill for this, but in the meantime . . . I don't know, what are you going to do? Anyway.

Last edited:
And finally . . . I can't help but admire your confidence. Every time I write something . . . I polish until it seems right, until i like it, like my voice, and then:

Re-reading I hate myself: for being so obvious, so sententious, so sophomoric. I'm holding out some hope that there is a pill for this, but in the meantime . . . I don't know, what are you going to do? Anyway.
Oh my friend I freak out just as much as you aha, it’s just that sometimes I’m a little tune deaf to What I make lmao so I think it sounds better when in reality it doesn’t. But practice may help with that. Also finished my film! Posted in a new thread if u wanna see it.

Last edited:
Back