• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

My Dream Projects Final Trailer (Fantasy Film)

“Purposeful Imperfection is the reality we filmmakers dream to perfect.” - Me trying to think of an intro.

Asher here, I am very honoured to present my fantasy feature films final trailer! A story in the making for 16 years and a production for 4 years including a few failures, I’ve also tried to innovate in a few arenas of film with this project. I hope these techniques strengthen the story in the eyes of the viewer, specifically the target audience which is suicidal/depressed persons.

A couple mentions:
-This is the first ever Live Action Silhouette-Feature Film. There has only ever been one full silhouette film 95 years ago (The Adventures of Prince Achmed) which was animated, so was excited to explore this enormous vacancy in terms of silhouette feature films. Who knows the innovation that could be done in this arena.

-It’s 2 Dimensional Live Action, basically real photos composited and arranged to create nearly everything. This method has been scattered throughout films here and there over the years, for this project I chose to delve right into the style, using it back to back with the Silhouette style to create the backbone visual palette. I am pleased with it and see a lot of room for innovation using this technique, (like so much potential it’s scary) hoping others see this as well! Film itself releases March 16 for free on YouTube.

That’s about all I’ve got to say my friends, would love to hear your opinions and feedback as always. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Using a Michael Jackson song w/o permission will get you nowhere with a trailer.

So you've been working on this for 16 years and you risk it all over a song? lol ok man. You do your thing.
I see your reasoning, luckily though i did post a test video of the song remix before releasing the trailer. The song on its own was not taken down so that was a green light for me. Also let’s be honest my trailers rarely exceed a few hundred views lmao, not many will see it so what the hell Lol. I do most of my advertising on the film video Instead of the trailer.

Last edited:
Besides that remix being horrible with no regard to pitch I have no further comments.

You get real talk here. Not like YT. You use a super popular song illegally we will call you on it. It does NOT help you, WE are helping you by telling you. Or, you can listen to your fawning YT fans. Up to you.

No offense but it sounds like two songs clashing. Besides the copyright issue.

You get real talk here. Not like YT. You use a super popular song illegally we will call you on it. It does NOT help you, WE are helping you by telling you. Or, you can listen to your fawning YT fans. Up to you.
Thats the good thing about this forum Is that there is no sugar coating. Knowing the nature of how videos can be taken down for using songs without explicit permission, I do expect it to be blocked one day, perhaps even soon, and I don’t expect the trailer to get many views. In the end it is a passion project, I love the song and I felt like the song combined with the trailer may inspire a few people in some way before it is eventually taken down. It is clear that this is wrong, and all the artists/songs in the trailers credits which feature in the actual movie have been acquired legally. Through means of direct talks with the artists, with the exception of The Midnight, which already stated online that their music can be used online for non-profit projects, which this film is. That said, back to the Michael Jackson song, I do not recommend using songs without permission, if you do, you should expect it to be taken down, even if it’s for non-profit use it doesn’t matter. It’s blatantly illegal.

Last edited:
@Nate North has a project to help animators hone their craft. I'm not sure he can help you, but possibly. I'd also resort to using others for your soundtracks. We actually have a lot of talented people here.

@Nate North has a project to help animators hone their craft. I'm not sure he can help you, but possibly. I'd also resort to using others for you soundtracks. We actually have a lot of talented people here.
Ah you see my friend, this film isn’t animation, it’s live action. Only about %5 of its whole run has anything drawn. The only 3D objects are the space ships, everything else is %100 shot on my Lumix G7. It is 2D live action. Real photos stitched, composited, arranged together to create the visuals. This includes all the castles, landscapes, even the fluctuating backgrounds are real.

Also indeed I was going to create an original soundtrack however I am hopelessly filled with ambition to experiment and do things that are rarely done before. I have never seen a large scale film use only songs as the backing track. Also it has a purpose for the story, you see The Spirit of Darkness (Main villain) is trying to get the last human to kill himself. During this conversation the Villain shows Soulor wars and suffering and also purposely plays these songs in the background - In World. It does this for emotional affect to try and persuade Soulor that life is meaningless. Which is the challenge of the main character in this film.

I don't know man. 16 years in the making, and 4 years of production, there should have been a few YEARS in there to figure out the music lol. But I digress.

I don't know man. 16 years in the making, and 4 years of production, there should have been a few YEARS in there to figure out the music lol. But I digress.
I see it’s a bit confusing / questionable lol which makes sense. It wouldn't be the first time. I am turning 18 on the films release date, which means I was 2 years old when the story began its creation when I drew my first pirate ship in Kindergarten along with a few other drawings which make appearances in the films war sequence and this trailer (maybe give or take a few months I was so young but my parents say that’s when I started drawing the ships). About when I was 3 or 4 (it could have been earlier) I created My first original character “The Greedy Captain“ after a long time of just drawing about captain Jack, dinosaurs and Star Wars fan drawings (If you discount me as the first character). The Greedy Captain also makes a cameo in this film and trailer as the Silhouetted captain spinning in circles on his ship called The Golden Voidicus, running from his Greed made real. Then progressing from those early years the stories compounded and multiplied, some friends when I was 10-11 would join in on having fun in the imaginary world sometimes and one friend in particular was a great influence and made his own character “King Crailon.” Eventually after all these years I had created 7 main fantasy worlds surrounded by dozens more. I then decided I was gonna publish books about them, which I started doing at 12 years old. Then in 2017 I shifted gears cause I couldn't advertise my books well enough and I saw films got more attention. Also I had a friend then named Chloe and she pushed me to make my stories even more motivational oriented than they were before, although they were before but now it really shifted gears to a kind of mission. End of 2017 failed at starting an animated project, then first half of 2018 created a full feature film which failed, last half of 2018 made another feature attempt and failed. Start of 2019 failed at a small series of episodes. Rest of 2019 I made the 20min short live action film released start of 2020 which was well received for what it was but still failed to launch anything. Then 2020 made the Animatic feature film, that got decent reviews but still failed to launch anything. Then 2021 really combined all of these different approaches into the film I’m releasing this March 16. Loads of visuals from those past films have their place in this one too so their productions all contributed. I do consider it all one production because as soon as they fail it’s like they weren’t even worthy of being called complete. That along with sourcing loads of stories i made over my life to create this one, to me really solidifies this as my life project. Who knows if this film fails then I guess it will just become another incomplete project to contribute to the next better one, until eventually The Kings World becomes what it is meant to be. It seems that the projects have received better reception each time so it’s not like there’s no progress.

So yeah that’s certainly a long paragraph, oh dear lol.

Also in concern to the soundtrack the songs all mean a great deal to me so in the end just went with my feelings and it’s a cool collaboration as well to have spoken with those artists, who knows maybe there will be more in future.

Saying it is 16 years in the making, back to when you were 2 years old, is ridiculous. And it actually detracts from your project due to high expectations from the length of time.

Saying it is 16 years in the making, back to when you were 2 years old, is ridiculous. And it actually detracts from your project due to high expectations due to the length of time.
Thats true it may give people high expectations, but the statement that it’s 16 years in the making is the truth. So if people are disappointed when seeing the created product then I guess their disappointment would be completely valid because the length of creation was that long. Luckily though I have shown the final cut to about 100 people and so far all of them have called the film a masterpiece, using words like spectacular, layered, deep etc. Although funnily enough they do criticise the sound as a little warped but still bearable, which is completely justified. Regardless though i do believe their extremely positive and slightly critical reviews because these people are heads of social media outlets and organisations which I’ve asked to help spread the movie to make a difference. They are anti-suicide groups and motivational pages etc etc. If it was bad they would tell me %100 because these people aren’t gonna post about your project especially not for free unless it really is motivational and entertaining to a degree that is actually considered at the least “good.” So I am very hopeful now that this may indeed be the one to launch this motivational saga. In future I guess I will always hire a sound crew because i think it’s clear that I’m slightly deaf lmao! If not more, it does run in my family funnily enough. For now I’ve chosen to keep the slightly warped sound cause in the story reality is falling apart so it makes sense that sound is in that category, some might call that lazy and the idea came from a lazy thought but I do think it makes sense at least and contributes to the story.

Last edited:
I'm happy you got that feedback Best of luck.

Back