• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My best one so far

Hi guys!

Let me present to you a short video I made, in my opinion it's the best one I made so far. Shooting was done with Gopro7, Sony a6300 with a 55-210 zoom lens and DJI Spark.

I would very much appreciate your feedback cause this is the only place I found online that has this kind of community :D

Hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-_UJtk_Tk

I would like your opinion regarding color, frames and overall look :)

Last edited:
We get a lot of "drive-by" posters; people who ask for opinion and
feedback and never return. I know I get frustrated when I take the
time to watch and offer my opinion only to have the new member
never see it.

I noticed you have not yet made an effort to be part of the community
by joining in and offering feedback or just entering a discussion. I think
you will find this to be a good community once you join in. Give it time
before you put us all down.

Haven't had much time to browse the forums yet. It looks like I was put down, didn't realize I had to have certain number of posts to get some feedback :D

Anyhow, I think this one is a good one because of the choice of music. It goes well with the overall feeling of the video.

At this stage of creating, finding an appropriate soundtrack is the hardest..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Haven't had much time to browse the forums yet. It looks like I was put down, didn't realize I had to have certain number of posts to get some feedback
You do not have to have a certain number of posts to get
some feedback but a little patience goes a long way. It's
people like you who make this community great. Offer some
feedback to others, join in a conversation, be patient and
you'll see this is a good community.

I'm sorry you feel put down. My intent was to get you more
involved. We get a lot of people who ask for feedback and then
never return. I hope you can find the time to join in.

When I get the time I'll watch and give you my opinion.

My opinion is that its around to 1:30 or 2 minutes to long. Cut it down to 1 minute or 1:30 minutes and it will be better.

I know what you mean. The thing is, since it's a family video I made it a bit longer so that we could have a nice memory lane video :)

But I agree, for it to be better as a video, it should be a bit shorter...

You do not have to have a certain number of posts to get
some feedback but a little patience goes a long way. It's
people like you who make this community great. Offer some
feedback to others, join in a conversation, be patient and
you'll see this is a good community.

I'm sorry you feel put down. My intent was to get you more
involved. We get a lot of people who ask for feedback and then
never return. I hope you can find the time to join in.

When I get the time I'll watch and give you my opinion.

I hear you and I respect that.

I guess I'm a bit used to getting replies more quickly like on some other forums I'm a member of(not camera related).

:cheers:

It doesn't look like you did any color grading. Did you?

It looks like you had a fun day. Some nice shots and editing.

I'm sorry I don't have more to offer. You're a bit used to getting
replies more quickly on some other forums and I'm used to narrative
or documentary short films so we are both a little out of our element.

It doesn't look like you did any color grading. Did you?

It looks like you had a fun day. Some nice shots and editing.

I'm sorry I don't have more to offer. You're a bit used to getting
replies more quickly on some other forums and I'm used to narrative
or documentary short films so we are both a little out of our element.

I appreciate the feedback!

I did color grade it, I was going for a mute, cold look. It looks like no grading at all to you?

To be honest, getting one reply/month isn't exactly the community I was looking for. Since that video I made several others on which I would also like to get some feedback from professional people..

Ah well... :D

To be honest, getting one reply/month isn't exactly the community I was looking for. Since that video I made several others on which I would also like to get some feedback from professional people..

Ah well... :D
Sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

My opinion is that its around to 1:30 or 2 minutes to long. Cut it down to 1 minute or 1:30 minutes and it will be better.

This is spot on. There are some nice shots and could be made to look pretty slick with a tighter pace.

The thing is, since it's a family video I made it a bit longer so that we could have a nice memory lane video :)

Hence the lack of response you are getting from this forum. It feels like a family video, though a nicely shot video.

I have a friend who keeps sending me videos of his family. He uses a drone, a GoPro, and something else. Similar to your style. He puts on some cool music and does a decent job with the editing.

I do like the stabilized shot option that the GoPro 7 offers. It looks good in this, as do your other shots.

My suggestion for your next video would be to add some context; a story of some sort for these nice shots. Nothing monumental, but something people can follow.

By the way, I have made several posts on this, and other forums, that never received a single reply. Though that felt disappointing, I didn't let that stop me from making other posts. Every so often, I've touched on something that got a lot of responses. You get a feel for what a particular forum will respond to.

Not really even sure what you're looking for, its nice. its a family video. what sort of response are you looking for? its nicely shot and edited pretty good but I didn't watch it all because its too long for a video of someone else's family video and memory that I have no attachment to. if it were like a minute long that would be better.

My suggestion for your next video would be to add some context; a story of some sort for these nice shots. Nothing monumental, but something people can follow.

By the way, I have made several posts on this, and other forums, that never received a single reply. Though that felt disappointing, I didn't let that stop me from making other posts. Every so often, I've touched on something that got a lot of responses. You get a feel for what a particular forum will respond to.

I see what you mean and I appreciate the feedback ;)

How about something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SWxFBsP9I&t=8s

Not really even sure what you're looking for, its nice. its a family video. what sort of response are you looking for? its nicely shot and edited pretty good but I didn't watch it all because its too long for a video of someone else's family video and memory that I have no attachment to. if it were like a minute long that would be better.

"its nicely shot and edited pretty good"

That's what I would like to hear, get a feedback from you guys that are into movie making more than me. Feedback regarding shots, frames, color and overall feel of the video. What could be done better, what to leave out... some guidelines on what to improve. There are a ton of tutorials online but learning from them is just a part of the learning process, being able to communicate with people of same interests is gold :)

Thanks for participating, I appreciate it! ;)

this ones pretty nice, I noticed quite a few different times when you were out of focus of the current action of the frame, other then that I think it turned out nice.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm still getting used to focusing right, I'm even trying to learn how to do it manually all the way. Luckily the out of focus parts went well with the music so it turned out great :D

Thanks!

Way better than the last one. Go a bit for a story element there. You cover some of your mistakes up in the edething. Good editing. Good pace with the music. Would say that it could have been...again.... a fraction shorter. You could have trimt out some of the shots that were not focust...

Way better than the last one. Go a bit for a story element there. You cover some of your mistakes up in the edething. Good editing. Good pace with the music. Would say that it could have been...again.... a fraction shorter. You could have trimt out some of the shots that were not focust...

I have to admit, this one was very easy. I found the right track right away, the first song that came up when I searched for music was "the one". And the cuts were like aligned with the track, I didn't have to do much work. The reason I left it this long and included some of the bad shots was because I wanted to use the whole track, not to cut it. And even the bad shots came out somewhat ok. At 0:39 the shot was very shaky but it followed the music. And the focus when he was walking down the street also got in/out to the beat of the song. So I figured I'd leave it like that, it goes well with the vibe of the video IMO. :)

Thanks for the tips, those are some of which I will have in mind on my next video ;)

I would very much appreciate your feedback cause this is the only place I found online that has this kind of community

Not really the kind of thing that many on this site would have much to do with.

I've edited some videos like this for clients and they've always shit me to tears. They're pretty much designed to only be liked by those who have a connection to those involved (family/friends).

Back