• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Modern Gods < A New Short!

I watched it first without sound..

This short feels like a pilot, something along the lines of TruBlood.. I really like it.. these are just my observations..

Love the opening tune..
Sound design is good.. what are your sources? Was the dramatic music in the middle from proscores? (iv been waning to try that product) The handling of the gun, though sounds like plastic.

on the opening chase scenes, it looks like you tried too hard to get EVERYTHING exposed.. I would have given up the sky as blown to expose the rest of the frame better. It gets that "pushed" look.. which is ok sometimes but I dont care for it my self.. almost looks like shooting day for night.. Im researching ND grad filters for this problem right now..

Artemus keeps my eye when ever she is on screen.. the beauty of true youth.

As I read this thread before watching, I picked up on the hamming acting of the gods, when they are not trying to be dramatic, they act great.. to me..

This riff was my favorite..
"can you do something about the bugs"
and tying it in on the ending was genius.

From fiction novel land, Niel Gaiman has a few stories along these lines.. "Anasazi Boys" and "American Gods."

Hey FCRabbath, I really enjoyed this new short of yours. Impeccable quality as always. Just want to say I'm a huge fan of your shorts and have mentioned them on my blog and facebook many times for others to watch. Keep doing what you're doing and thanks for the efforts!

As always, I love this film completely. Your color effects, shot composition, cinematography and acting are spot on! Although, I don't like the Canon 7D. At some times, the bad lighting was distracting. The XL films much better low light and I think this film would've been so much better shot on that. But ofcourse, I'm a loyal XL user, so maybe I'm a little bias. Just something to consider. I look forward to seeing more of your films! God Bless!

As always, I love this film completely. Your color effects, shot composition, cinematography and acting are spot on! Although, I don't like the Canon 7D. At some times, the bad lighting was distracting. The XL films much better low light and I think this film would've been so much better shot on that. But ofcourse, I'm a loyal XL user, so maybe I'm a little bias. Just something to consider. I look forward to seeing more of your films! God Bless!

thanks for watching guys.

wheatgrinder - i agree about the exposed thing. I just couldn't find the right tone here but workin on it!

ZelloBros - Tho i do agree the XL2 is a great camera, i needed to upgrade to HD, also did u see the other short film Inventory? I believe it handle's it very well.

TheMurph - thank you so much!

ZelloBros - Tho i do agree the XL2 is a great camera, i needed to upgrade to HD, also did u see the other short film Inventory? I believe it handle's it very well. !

I saw Inventory, and it was very well done. The 7D does seem like a great camera, and I would love to see more. I understand about the HD thing, it's needed to win some festivals. And with time, you'll figure out better lighting with the 7D. Thanks for the reply, God Bless!

A fan here! Your work is always impeccable! I'm not going to repeat anything that was said previously, but keep up the amazing work. You are so incredibly talented!

Back