Magic Bullet is the Greatest Invention Ever

First of all, there's something to be said for the ease-of-use and intuitive design of it all. Color correction is so NOT what I'm good at, yet I'm getting some really good results with this software. I'm not using any of the presets, but I find it so easy to use.

And I've barely even touched it. With Colorista, I've used the pin-drop white-balance a lot. In Looks, I've used exposure, spot-exposure, and three-point-color-correction.

When I'm all done with that, for the entire piece I plan on crushing the blacks and upping the contrast a little. I don't think much will be needed, though. I've added a slight blue tint (ever so slight), and it's really making the colors pop.

I have no idea if this software is something the pros would ever touch, but for a really-low-budget kinda thing, I can't recommend it enough. If you're one of those do-everything kind of producers, I'd say Magic Bullet is a must-have.

:) When I read the headline I thought you were talking about this.

magicbullet.jpg

Or one of these:)

Silver_Bullet_Vibrator_Sex_Toy.jpg

That is good news about the software though. Is it called Magic Bullet or is that an application of a larger program??

Magic Bullet is a family of products based around color correction form Red Giant Software.

Originally, it was a software that deinterlaced video and created 24P out of 60i/50i footage. It also had some color correction presets. Then the DVX100 came out and they started to focus solely on the color aspect with Magic Bullet Looks. Now they have a full on color corrector called Magic Bullet Colorista.

It is a great program with some amazing tools and presets.

Oh yeah, MB is colorista + other good stuff... Play with the post telecinenet widget for Caucasian skin tones, its like golden sauce.. (at least to my eye)

Sweeeeet! That was exactly what I was looking for. There is one scene, in particular, in which Telecine Net was just the golden sauce I was looking for, but didn't know existed. Thanks!

Thanks, I'm always looking for decent freeware. There's a surprising amount of high quality packages. Handbrake for one.

Gonna dl it now.

EDIT: Damn, it's not freeware. :)

Last edited:
Back