Lilliput Monitor

Hey Guys,

Not a review here, but I wanted to say, that everyone who is thinking of getting an external monitor for their DSLR, should buy a Lilliput monitor from CoolLcd.

I am soo impressed by their service as well.

Ordered a monitor at 3AM on Friday, and guess what it arrived at 3PM on saturday (today).

The monitor is great. If you have a Lilliput yourself, you will find that in the HDMI mode, the monitor blinks for roughly 5 second when you press record.
I knew that if i switch it to DVI, that wont happen, but there was no DVI as i thought.

Now, I had a look and in the Youtube Comments i found the soloution. Press the power button for 5 seconds and you will find a "secret" menu. First it will show you languages and more. Press the menu button and you will be prompted to the next menu. There you can select the modes. I turned DVI and HDMI on, i left the rest off.

Baaam, there you go, you got yourself an awesome, cheap monitor which is good for DSLR video monitoring.
Will post a pic later sometime.

Phil

This is the one

You can also get this one, which is the same but under a different name, when the above is sold out. It came to roughly 170 pounds or 280 dollars with 2 batteries, sunhood, 2 chargers, hdmi cable, ball mount...

Its such an awesome piece of kit. One battery lasts about 10 hours and you can get them for 36 dollars a piece!

On another note, if you want to mount your Monitor directly onto the camera hotshoe, I advice you to use the battery plate supplied, which doesn't go directly onto the monitor, but connects via a cable. The only reason for that is, that the monitor becomes a bit heavy at the back. Shouldn't be a problem with a full rig though!

more advice from the peanut gallery..

get something like this..

AT14046.JPG

to hang off of the camera, and use a regular HDMI cable to connect to the monitor. It offers both strain relieve and safety break away for cheap.

also, I found something like this on the monitor side, gave me cleaner cable management
pchcables_2152_3001620

Also, I extremely lucky that I work 1 block away from the best cable store in the world. I dont use oneline from them so I cant speak to how good they are in that respect...

http://www.pchcables.com/

But prices are rock bottom and they simply have everything. (except coilly mic cable, I asked they can get it!)

Back