Kubrick is way better than Nolan

I'm hearing lots of people say that Nolan is the new Kubrick. To be honest Inception was good but i thought sometimes it was overdone, and i enjoyed Memento better. To call him the new Kubrick though is just ridiculous.

"Goodfellas" is sweet, but in my opinion, he bested himself with "Departed".

I can't get enough of Tarantino. I grew up on Spielberg adventures. I've thoroughly all of Appatow's movies. And I'm really excited about the direction Abrams is taking his career in.

Yeah I am a big fan of Scorsese I really liked Departed, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and Shutter Island. James Cameron is great too. I loved T2 and Dark Angel among others Cameron has done besides Avatar is great too. I did like Nolan's Inception but Dark Night is my favorite from him.

Last edited:
Well when people say things things like this I don't actually believe they mean Nolan is already at Kubricks caliber. In my opinion there movies aren't even that similar in concept. Nolan has more non-linear plotlines and action going on, which Kubrick doesn't make as much use out of. When people say these things I think they mean that in the future Nolan might the new Kubrick. So basically Nolan is getting on the right road but still miles away.

I love Nolan and Kubrick, it's actually hard for me to say which one I love more. I'd have to say Nolan has the better screenwriting but Kubrick wins it with directing. They are pretty different though I think.

I don't agree with Cameron to an extent, I guess he has things down plotwise but not storywise. He is pretty high concept but his things never live up to their premise, but I enjoyed T2. Scorsese is a god and so is Tarantino.

I've also noticed that Clint Eastwood seems to be getting better, it doesn't seem like any of his movies have a distinct quality but they are good.

To call him the new Kubrick though is just ridiculous.

Who has been making this comparison?
smiley_mystery.gif

Back