Just checking in so I do not loose my place in the world of IndieTalk... been a member for a very long time. Got a notice that I needed to 'speak up'

Just checking in so I do not loose my place in the world of IndieTalk... been a member for a very long time. Got a notice that I needed to 'speak up' or loose my place in time... Hope all are doing well. Currently residing in paradise. Feel like 40 at 70! Rock on! My last project was SCARE, have a new one in progress.

Attachments

• SCARE.jpg
    SCARE.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 140
Howdy! Sorry it has been a while. Been extremely busy on the coast. Finished SCARE and moving on to next, new project(s). Doing a different kind of 'haunted house' project. Staying young and active 24/7. I apologize for not being on IndieTalk, but just not enough time in each day to do everything I should do. Happy that IndieTalk is going strong! Between One St. Stephen (1975 -- but still going strong in the 'classic' rock category -- look it up on a browser) to my contemporary realist fine art, (my work is still in demand -- gotta go with the flow) and film making... plus I need the beach, forest-hiking and working on my castle in the clouds (the money pit never stops)... Hope you are all doing well. Will try to get out some hello(s) out there in near future. Had several fellow film making 'friends' on IndieTalk. Need to make re contacts...

Attachments

• Our House.jpg
    Our House.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 121
Sweet! I had an "old band" just release something, so I get cha.

Smiling. The checks still come in... from Apple iTunes to 'individual' music sales. Just went back to the well preserved studio recording tapes from 1975 and they sound as clean as they were in 1975! Plus there were a lot of very psychedelic instrumental tracks never released, all the tunes (partial) were to be used for a film I wanted to make called THE DEVIL'S RESERVATION (1975). The LP took off big... but I had 'film' in my blood and not interested in signing with the recording contracts offered and the year round touring... Unfortunately, banks and 'Hollywood' were not ready for off-the-wall stuff in 75. I never gave a sh*t abut wealth or fame. So, I just kept rolling at my own pace and goals -- learning from personal /artistic mistakes. I believe, rock and roll would of killed me in the 1980s or I would have aged greatly. Today people think I look like I am in my early 40s, I feel like I am in my 30s and plan to hit 100 in 30 years, running! B smart. B safe. Keep creating something new and learning!

Attachments

• My 'money shot'.jpg
    My 'money shot'.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 129
Letting the music do the talking! Giving your Spotify a full listen, in my 'studio' play-room, on 'big' speakers cranked up. Happy New Fear! Then Pandemic! Theory of Threes! Hard and driving... There was an old saying in Ancient Rockdom, "it is not how long it took you to do your first LP, CD, or whatever, but how long did it take you to do a second or third." In 1975, we were in a studio for 5 days recording on an 8 track Scully, (the same one used for the soundtrack of WOODSTOCK). Technology... Got to shoot some scenes in an hour. Still listening... but the Spotify ads in between really stink up the mood. B safe. Thanks. Keep me on IndieTalk.

Thanks for listening man gonna check One St. Stephen!

IndieTalk was (and stil appears to be) a great group of artists on many levels. Just not able to keep up with anything these 'daze'... not able to stay in touch with everything. The "old days" were pretty cool, seems like the 'cool' remains the same. Will have to return and spend time getting back, up-to-date with old contacts and make some new. I see many on IndieTalk are still there and thriving. Will have to touch base again soon. Off to a shoot... B safe. We are in strict self-quarantine on the Oregon coast, but it is 50 degrees plus and sunny!

Just checking in so I do not loose my place in the world of IndieTalk... been a member for a very long time. Got a notice that I needed to 'speak up' or loose my place in time... Hope all are doing well. Currently residing in paradise. Feel like 40 at 70! Rock on! My last project was SCARE, have a new one in progress.
Same! Effective email, I guess! Do you have a link for Scare? My latest project was a comedic web series in a telemarketing office called On the Line (onthelinewebseries.com).

I am not marketing the 2-hour documentary SCARE at this time. Sorry, not selling it anywhere. Not even promoting it. It was up and available for sale on DVD and BluRay disc formats for only those in the haunted attraction industry for 3 months to get their specific response(s). This IS a documentary on the haunted attraction industry; I needed to know where I went correct or wrong in advance to trade secrets, props, etc. SCARE received unanimous 5 out of 5 stars by everyone who has viewed it, with only 1 minor editing change made. After the industry went gung-ho on the film with nothing but praise, it was then placed for marketing with Distribber out of LA. After Distribber took the funds, without any word or warning, Distribber went out of business and all invested money was lost and never recovered. SCARE was in limbo. Today, it appears Distribber may have just been a rip-off. Always looking for a future distributer to market. SCARE would grace any haunted attraction for sales during Halloween season AFTER Covid-19 has been vanquished. Since I am not promoting SCARE or myself but answering an inquiry, here is the trailer and a few portions of the documentary. If Admin or any one wishes to transfer or have me transfer the URLs to another post, I will gladly do so. I do not want to break any rules. I understand them and agree with IndieTalk rules and propriety. Please advise if I need to change location to promotion threads? I am not promoting SCARE.

Did anyone else have problems with Distribber? I saved all the information I could from my e-mail correspondence, their advertising and internet promotions before they went blank. From what I heard they may have screwed many others. Would have liked to just get the money back they took for those that invested in SCARE on Distribber. Seems like 'cons' are everywhere these days!

Any how, the documentary is done. After the 2 hour length, I also have another 45 minutes edited that the doc could also be included with (extended make-up, prop, costuming & scare techniques). I learned so much when filming this over 6 years. But the most fun for me, was watching teens auditioned and trained (some afraid of their own shadows), learn to gain self-confidence over the years, to the point where e.g. a 17 year old, at 5' and 90 pounds could scare the crap out of an OSU linebacker! The giant (foot) baller actually hid behind his girlfriend! And then the haunted attraction actors used the girlfriend, within a later scare, to get back at the footballer! I did not know there were so many ways to manufacture SCAREs!

Yes, it was a lot of fun. I think that is why it became popular with so many who watched SCARE within the attraction industry. Maybe after Covid-19 is gone, haunted attractions will have an interest in selling at their haunts during Halloween? Hey. Netflix! I am laughing...

Back