Just bought the new Imac!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a shoutout that I bought the new Imac 27" Intel Core I7, 3.4Ghz.
I got it with 4gb of RAM and 2GBs of graphics.

If anyone is interested, keep an eye out on this Youtube channel where I will post a first look at it and an unboxing and review. http://www.youtube.com/user/PhilArntz

Phil

New iMac?

Is this the one you suspected of being released on Tuesday?

I've got (and am currently on) a 27" iMac of some description (I'm not really a computer guy :P ) so I'm wondering if they did announce the upgrade because they didn't send me anything...

Good job, sir.

Looks, to my superficial understanding of computers, just the same but I'm sure there's something terribly clever going on under the hood ;)

Two thunderbolt ports, Bumped up processor, a whole 600 MhZ, 2Gb graphics instead of 512MB or 1Gb.
Overall 1.7x faster processor :D

Delivery: Estimated for this friday (tomorrow).. In the evening.,

So i guess I will miss my friends birthday.. Oh well, Imac is worth it :)

To the funding question.

I SAVED! Simple. No money left pretty much now. Just for some manual Nikkor lenses but that is pretty much all :D

Two thunderbolt ports, Bumped up processor, a whole 600 MhZ, 2Gb graphics instead of 512MB or 1Gb.
Overall 1.7x faster processor :D

Delivery: Estimated for this friday (tomorrow).. In the evening.,

So i guess I will miss my friends birthday.. Oh well, Imac is worth it :)

To the funding question.

I SAVED! Simple. No money left pretty much now. Just for some manual Nikkor lenses but that is pretty much all :D

dude if I were you, I would be dying of anxiety right now

Congrats on getting the iMac, and I don't mean to put a damper on things, but what is the point of an 'unboxing' or 'first look' video? It's an iMac - we all know what it looks like, and that it comes in a box with an apple logo, and that there is a power cable, keyboard, etc in the same box... just like every other iMac for the past 3-4 years.

I actually ask this because I'm very interested in these new iMacs and may get one as my editing machine - and so really what matters to me is knowing how it performs with time consuming tasks like video conversion and compression, rendering compositions in Motion/AE, etc. So I'm eager to see a review and discussion of things like that, but have no interest in seeing it unpacked and just don't get the appeal.

Back