JAWS!

Just watched it for the first time in like 7 years, SUCH A GOOD MOVIE. And just shot brilliantly, does anyone else agree that the visual quality of older films like this just looks so much better than films today?

The sound is possibly one of the most important pieces of the movie.

Take any underwater shot made ANYWHERE, even the BBC, and put those two Cello notes on top of that shot, INSTANT TERROR!

My mom told me that when Jaws was released, it almost shut down some of the vacation spots located on the ocean.

If that damn mechanical shark hadn't kept breaking, Spielberg may have never learned that sound is indeed half the experience.

I watched the film while checking out the script a few months back.

That opener, when they stray off from the beach party to skinny dip… Her screams and the way she is being pulled around in the water, totally unnerving and scary. (I love it!)

Just scratching the surface:

The Godfather 1972
The Exorcist 1973
The Godfather 2 1974
Jaws 1975
Taxi Driver 1976
Star Wars 1977

What a decade for film!

-Thanks-

I saw "Jaws" when it came out with my girl friend who had really long nails. She gripped my arm so hard during the movie that she broke the skin; neither one of us noticed until we left the theatre that I had little streaks of blood running down my arm. I didn't go swimming that day...

More so than the sound and the score (which were both awesome) was that Speilberg had to use Bruce a lot less, which really heightened the tension.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

I saw that movie when I was 8 and I was scared to swim in my pool.

this must happen to everyone, because it happened to me too, i was petrified of swimming after seeing Jaws.. stills scares me a little now ha

But love that movie too, amazing cinematography!!

Back