• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Jane's Inferno

You might enjoy the series "The Good Place" which has a similar theme.

Film looks decent, I'd have counterbalanced that digital yellow a bit, but it works overall.

It says the video was uploaded 20 hours ago and there is a YT comment on the video from 10 months ago.
I'm confused as to how this happened lol, can you explain

You might enjoy the series "The Good Place" which has a similar theme.

Film looks decent, I'd have counterbalanced that digital yellow a bit, but it works overall.
I've still not yet seen the show, but that is common comparison. I think it's the sixth or seventh one. I definitely need to watch it when I get some free time.

Thanks for giving it a watch!

It says the video was uploaded 20 hours ago and there is a YT comment on the video from 10 months ago.
I'm confused as to how this happened lol, can you explain
It was unlisted for over a year while it went through festivals. I made it public last night. I guess that's how youtube works? I dunno lol

Thanks for watching!

It was unlisted for over a year while it went through festivals. I made it public last night. I guess that's how youtube works? I dunno lol

Thanks for watching!
Did you find the festival circuit rewarding and time worthy ?

Did you find the festival circuit rewarding and time worthy ?
Yes and no. I don’t mind supporting festivals with application fees, but after the tenth or so rejection it’s frustrating when you realize how much money you gave with nothing to show.

The festivals I went to were awesome. Free food and drinks and movies are always worth it. Networking is just a bonus.

Yes and no. I don’t mind supporting festivals with application fees, but after the tenth or so rejection it’s frustrating when you realize how much money you gave with nothing to show.

The festivals I went to were awesome. Free food and drinks and movies are always worth it. Networking is just a bonus.
Oh yeah that is a lot of festivals to apply to, i can only imagine all that rejection in a row.
I've never applied to a film festival before so thats why i was curious. thanks!

tiktok has a $500 minimum for their promote feature - i have been considering that as an alternative.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that is a lot of festivals to apply to, i can only imagine all that rejection in a row.
I've never applied to a film festival before so thats why i was curious. thanks!

tiktok has a $500 minimum for their promote feature - i have been considering that as an alternative.
I don't mean to discourage anyone from applying to festivals. I definitely think you should. Especially to your local festival. The relationships I've made there have been invaluable to my amateur film career. But I've learned to be more strategic in applying.

Best of luck!

Not true at all. You must have googled this and landed on a third-party service. You can pay just a few bucks and it be moderately effective.

Interesting. Have you used this strategy before?
Promotion? On FB yes. Not TT. Not in awhile but did it for an album release and another business that was in a certain niche. All businesses need promotion.

To work for film I would assume you'd either have to have 1} fans already and you are making sure they see it or 2) viral content that appeals to everyone.

To work for film I would assume you'd either have to have 1} fans already and you are making sure they see it or 2) viral content that appeals to everyone.
I have neither of those things but i intended to give it a try this december.

IMO - Viral content only matters if youre trying to get promotion for free.
If you pay for promotion and 90% of people swipe away, that still means you're getting 10% and then its just a numbers game for how much money to build your fan base.

Those 10% may subscribe and then they are free viewers for your next video.
If you don't pay and 90% swipe away your video will be dead at 100 views, no one else will ever see it.
If you promote then those 10% will watch for as long as you pay for promotion. thats my expectation

Last edited:
Yeah true but you may need to "kickstart" a viral video to maybe 500 people to see if it scales for free afterward. Then, it is moving w/o promotion and is truly viral.

Yeah true but you may need to "kickstart" a viral video to maybe 500 people to see if it scales for free afterward. Then, it is moving w/o promotion and is truly viral.
Good point - a term i use for that is Critical Mass (the amount of fissile material needed to sustain nuclear fission)

Think about it this way too. All those "sponsored posts" you see in your feed on FB get shared. They count on them being shared, they don't bankroll one post for everyone to see. What makes them sharable? Sensational headlines, clickbait, humor, or subjects you are interested in. You can always experiment with your TikTok and a very small budget with a few posts to see what happens.

^
OR you might see it in your feed because a friend shared it. In this case, not sponsored. But it was sponsored in their feed. So yeah, they can all start off that way.

^
OR you might see it in your feed because a friend shared it. In this case, not sponsored. But it was sponsored in their feed. So yeah, they can all start off that way.
What i see the most is posts designed to piss you off, to generate outrage, and then you make a comment and all your friends see it for free.
Posts that generate contraversey get 5x more engagement (more free publiclity) so the whole thing is toxic AF just trying to get you mad.

I posted one color corrected version of ariel with red hair and a green tail, absolutely nothing to do with her skin tone or being black, just red and green as a colorist and then for weeks and weeks i was inundated with post after post after post trying to get some rise out of me because she's a black girl. stupid facebook.

Back