• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ITOOFC #4 Rules, Details, and Knick Knacks

I recently joined this site when a friend told me about this competition. Is there anything special I need to do, or do I just enter the film when we're done? I also plan on submitting a poster.

'sup, good Dylan61! :cool:

There are no special hoops to jump through, no. :)

All the basic criteria are back in the first post (though the CoDec recommendations are a bit dated now).

If you are making something new and original, you're in the game with the rest of us. It's a lot of fun... though we like to talk a bit of smack in the "Surrender!" thread.

If you have any specific questions about the rules, ask away. We're friendly peeps. ;)

Just make sure Poke or IndieTalk gets the URL of your entry(s) before the deadline cutoff.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Only a few weeks left now.
smiley_dance.gif

Oh... and :welcome: to IndieTalk.

I'm in! I was just about to shoot a horror short... How perfect! I admit though, I've never done horror before, so, I'll probably make something terrible. (I'm just trying to undersell myself here)

Well, despite Zensteve's encouragement, I was afraid to make something. I couldn't seem to get an idea that I thought was good enough to work with. Until...

Inspiration struck me in philosophy class last night! Instead of taking notes, I spent the 3 hours outlining my plot (sorry Dr. Provenzola) and went home and wrote until 3AM. (sorry whoever teaches my 8AM class that I should probably occasionally attend...)

Got my script, got my actors, location scouting tomorrow, hopefully shooting this weekend! Keep in mind this will be my first narrative film, so don't expect too much...more than a win!

I'M IN

We just finished principal photography!

What a rough 2 days... a lot of shots and props and sets, but it was well worth it...

I was working with a great group of people.

Good Luck you all!

So how's everyone doing on their projects?

I've been out of internet access for a while, but have been able to jump on once in a while.
Any production stills to show?

How many days is it until the end of the competition? 13 - spoooooky.

And though it may be late in the game, and though I may still be thinking up a script, I'm officially in!

May the best man win. My film won't have a score just so that someone else can win a category. :lol:

Ends

Head Judge POKE said:
End of competition: Saturday, October 29th 5 PM PDT

So your submission needs to be uploaded on that day, by that time... check out the First post in this thread for details. :D

Wow, just wow, this is very exciting with people just jumping right in.

----------------------

I am very happy with my first movie. I need to get some scenes touched up and some voice dubs done but it looks like I could have a movie, a decent 5 min flick completed by next monday.

I just hope everything goes well with the encoding. been trying to get that part down with some but not great success.

I wish everyone well with their movie, good luck

Sorry I was gone for a while folks. I had something this past weekend that kept me busy...

Well we got less than two weeks to go. Everyone excited?

Judges will be announced next week.

Poke

I'm excited since my editor and actors and crew are all in Florida which is threatened by the biggest hurricane ever recorded on the face of the Earth.
There might be a problem with me getting the thing done in time, but we'll see.
Just a couple makeup shots to do and we're all in post.

CootDog said:
I'm excited since my editor and actors and crew are all in Florida which is threatened by the biggest hurricane ever recorded on the face of the Earth.
There might be a problem with me getting the thing done in time, but we'll see.
Just a couple makeup shots to do and we're all in post.

Yeah it is really threatining my voice dubs scheduled for the weekend. Otherwise barring any electrical outages or cable disruptions I should be able to upload in time.

May the film Gods be with us this weekend.

The footage is looking great, we are very concerned being the weekend and it looking like monday might not be here for us thanks to Wilma. Anyone know if there is a natural disaster extension somewhere in the rules?

We're not looking for simpathy, we just may not make it

EddieLeonardo said:
Yeah it is really threatining my voice dubs scheduled for the weekend. Otherwise barring any electrical outages or cable disruptions I should be able to upload in time.

May the film Gods be with us this weekend.

"here, here" amen brother

Back