IS THIS REALISTIC

ok so tommorow my group films the second scene of my movie it consits of 76 shot . Now before my crew can go in there the news crew must finish there work . Which will roughly leave us with a hour to film . my big qustion is is this realistic to get that many shots in a hour . My second qustion is when filming a conversation i want to get at least two angles so i was wanting to do a full shot of actor 1 and film all the shots that way , and then go to a full shot of both actors to get reactions but i fear this messes with the 180 degree rule if anyone can clear any of this up it would be much apppreciaced

I'm actually surprised this is really being asked. I mean.. Just thinking about the logistics of this, if it were possible, that would be one shot every 48 seconds or so..

If you were able to pull something like that off, with watchable results, I'd suggest having the news team stick around to document it because that's some behind the scenes footage I'd like to see!

Dude, I doubt if even Robert Rodriguez could do that, and he's pretty well known for fast shooting schedules. I personally think that's far too unrealistic for anyone to do. Even with 76 cameras going it would be downright impossible.

. My second qustion is when filming a conversation i want to get at least two angles so i was wanting to do a full shot of actor 1 and film all the shots that way , and then go to a full shot of both actors to get reactions but i fear this messes with the 180 degree rule if anyone can clear any of this up it would be much apppreciaced
This is the way all movies are made and all filmmakes have
managed to not break the 180 degree rule while shooting
this way.

If actor 1 is looking camera right then shoot actor 2 looking
camera left. In the full shot have actor 1 looking camera right
and actor 2 looking camera left.

I'm with the others; I don't see how you can get a new set up
every 48 seconds. Unless what you mean is according to your
storyboards the conversation between the two actors will be
in 76 cuts. Three set ups (wide 2 shot, CU of actor 1, CU actor 2)
can be done in one hour.

76 shots? For a scene with 2 actors? Well, that I suppose isn't that far off depending on the scene. But as others have mentioned, you'll barely have lights up and be ready to roll in an hour - much less shooting that much coverage.

well we got 28 scenes done today it was actually fun until my actor told me after a take a hour into it he may have to drop the class to take one hes failing then everything pretty much went to hell

ask him to come in for one more shot, he gets randomly sniped, carry on.

or just kill him of with some daisies..... yes i said daisies no typo...he could be allergic....

hell, as long as you have the rights to what you had taken, you could just use a substitute actor, never let the camera show his face again, and then kill him off.....

man..... sucks don't it?

Back