Is B&H Photo & Video reputable?

I'm almost ready to make a purchase but before I do, I like to see if people have bought from a place online that I'd like to purchase from.

I was hoping someone could vouch for them before I hand over my credit card details.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

B&H is great.

A quick Google search will tell you the same I'm sure.

Thanks.

I place zero faith in anything Google returns. This tendency for people to trust internet sources is disturbing IMO. Wikipedia and Google are not reliable and whilst they have their uses, shouldn't be trusted.

I have some level of trust in someone like you posting because you have a vested interest not to lie. Of course... you could just be a B&H stooge or getting kickbacks...

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Last edited:
I use B&H for all of my computer upgrade, field recording and video needs. I've been very happy with their customer support, especially when they sent duplicates of all of my receipts after my studio was flooded in 2007 (the originals were in a file cabinet in the studio, of course) when I needed them for proof to the insurance company.

I have never had a problem with returns. When I made substantial purchases I got some very nice package deals.

The ONLY issue I can see is that you are on the other side of the planet. This may cause lags in the communication process, and shipping may be an problem as well.

The ONLY issue I can see is that you are on the other side of the planet. This may cause lags in the communication process, and shipping may be an problem as well.

$51 shipping :(

But even with that, I got a camera deal that was cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

I use them and Amazon.com to buy production stuff. Since I am in NY, B&H are convenient for in store shopping with a knowledgeable sales staff. They sell professional gear, software, equipment, kits

Absolutely

B&H is great. They close for Jewish holidays I believe though. Kinda frustrating when they are closed for 3 weeks at a time! :lol:

Don't hesitate to buy from them.

B&H is my go to place for anything important that I can't get by using ebay cheapo stuff with(lens caps, hoods, straps, etc.)

I use B&H for all of my computer upgrade, field recording and video needs. I've been very happy with their customer support, especially when they sent duplicates of all of my receipts after my studio was flooded in 2007 (the originals were in a file cabinet in the studio, of course) when I needed them for proof to the insurance company.

Thank you and everyone else her kind enough to recommend us. It's very flattering and very gratifying.

--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

I'd consider B&H the definition of reputable when it comes to online equipment retailers. If you ever find yourself in NY it's worth the trip to check out their retail operation and the overhead trolly system they use to deliver products from the warehouse to the floor. They have a good selection of used equipment there too.

Thank you and everyone else her kind enough to recommend us. It's very flattering and very gratifying.

--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Joined May 2013. One post. My thread.

That's right, people. I brought B&H here. Worship me. There is but one DDK, and he is DDK!

Alcove directed me to it to purchase my rode microphone, and I ended up saving money because of it. I would vouch for it and say it's a great website. They recently sent me a free article/magazine thing that I didn't even order. They're a pretty good company

We do indeed ship internationally - to over 200 countries worldwide - but as to how we compare? I think that is down to our customers to decide :)
I'd prefer it be a Thunderdome scenario; two photo and video webstores enter, one photo and video webstore leaves!

Back