• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Indie of the Month April - Social Distance Film Challenge

Any editors/composers want to work with me on this?

I am thinking of doing it as a comedy/real take. I don't want to spoil the idea here, but if anyone feels like working together on something rather than separate, send me a message. I'm down to collab.

All my film gear is in storage right now, so I plan on sticking to the rules by not getting any of it and sticking to a cell phone/what is on hand to make this.

Warning up front: I am a "crazy idea" guy... Meaning, my ideas change quickly and suddenly in the early planning stages depending on what inspirations I get.

Absolutely! I'm a composer, sound designer, and post-audio producer so any audio needs you have I can take care of. Feel free to email me at finalimpactstudios@gmail.com. You can check out my demo reel here under "Credits:" https://finalimpactstudios.com/about

I decided since we are home schooling to add photography to the school day and my son is loving it (not a huge suprise as all the men in the family bar 2 are photographers but my son usually loses focus after 10 seconds and is really taken by this) so its a great oppotunity to add film making especially since him dream is to be a 'blogger' one day and do 'skits' (though I'm not a comedian at all lol).

I have decided to try and teach him and myself the technical side of filmmaking (I'm am currently a writer, acress and stills photographer so cinematography, sound, editing etc... are completely new to me) might be the kick up the ass I need to start expanding my skills.

We did a test run last weeks but camera settings where wrong (stange how wierd it is going from stills to film, all the settings move on my cannon so its like using another camera altogether) and theres no sound (I did buy a cheap recorder but we have yet to attempt it) but we did cut it in hitfilm into a sort of story, we are hoping to try again next week so might be fun to enter this even though there no way it will compare to other peoples stuff.

I think what my son loves though is the fairly quick gratification (we shot and had it in editor in a few hours) and if he gets something right he can see it almost instantly thanks the digital camera (oh, how lucky he is back in the day we had 30 attempts and had to either pay to develope it or borrow a dark room and it took hours to see how bad you messed up lol I imagine editing moves was even harder) verses things like music when you have to repeat the same thing everyday for weeks to get better so please be kind if we do upload something as I want to keep him encouraged.

Last edited:
I think what my son loves though is the fairly quick gratification (we shot and had it in editor in a few hours) and if he gets something right he can see it almost instantly thanks the digital camera (oh, how lucky he is back in the day we had 30 attempts and had to either pay to develope it or borrow a dark room and it took hours to see how bad you messed up lol I imagine editing moves was even harder) verses things like music when you have to repeat the same thing everyday for weeks to get better so please be kind if we do upload something as I want to keep him encouraged.

That's what these challenges are really all about, just getting us to exercise together and share in the creations. Or at least, that's what I'm seeing it as. There are plenty of competitions and festivals to submit to if you want attention or rewards, but this is more about the feedback and community.

You can see! I'll try and do an up to date thread on the process. Like a diary! Where's best to put that @indietalk ?

I just went ahead and posted it under the PRE-PRODUCTION cat. You can glance it over here if you like: threads/making-a-low-budget-sci-fi-film

I would love to see more pre-production threads on this forum. I get a massive boost of inspiration from hearing peoples stories and seeing how they work.

Last edited:
I know its a long way off perfect but this is what we managed, any tips would help (think lighting is the next thing to work on to reduce noise/grain)

I know its a long way off perfect but this is what we managed, any tips would help (think lighting is the next thing to work on to reduce noise/grain)

Dang, I can't watch cuz my work doesn't let me view anything other than Vimeo... Which is weird considering Vimeo has more "adult" content... But I will definitely check it out when I get home.

Reactions: BPM
Back