Inception

*does not contain any spoilers

I tried to stay away from all sources of information about but movie, despite having a very basic understanding of the plot, before I stepped foot in the theater today I had that wonderful rush caused by the anticipation of something that I have been waiting to see for a long time. It really didn’t matter what the movie was all about, all I knew was that it was Chris Nolan’s work, giving me an absolute confidence that whatever was waiting for me in that screen, it had substance.

And what can I say? Nolan did it again; Inception is just another master piece by a Director that understands that Film Making is all about telling a story, that the story drives the film, and that everything else is secondary. You get everything you would expect from an amazing well driven production, but as always with Nolan, you get so much more. It was all about twisting your mind and then twisting it a little more…layers and layers of alternative realities interacting with each other in different paces, in different rhythms, and in different times. Dreams inside dreams and dreams inside other dreams, in an insane maze taking you places that you didn’t know exist, but that somehow seemed familiar. As this adventure progressed, and as the catharses approached in inebriated sequences of partial reality interchanging with dreams, everything managed to come together in a brilliant beautiful finale!

I am sorry for getting a tad carried away here, but its simply impossible not to appreciate brilliance when it’s right in front of you.

Last edited:
It does look like an interesting flick, yup. :cool:

I'll be catching it in a few weeks, when it hits the local dollar-theater. (I am cheap like that)

It does look like an interesting flick, yup. :cool:

I'll be catching it in a few weeks, when it hits the local dollar-theater. (I am cheap like that)

Steve, your saying that the prices of the tickets vary as films distance themselves from the opening week?
In here the prices always remain constant, which makes no sense at all.

prices of the tickets vary as films distance themselves from the opening week?

Kind of, but not at the same theaters.

Some theaters show "second run" films, which are basically films that have finished playing at the big theaters. While the big theaters are releasing brand new films, the second-run cinemas play the films that stopped showing a few weeks ago.

All tix are $2... but Tuesdays are always $1

Kind of, but not at the same theaters.

Some theaters show "second run" films, which are basically films that have finished playing at the big theaters. While the big theaters are releasing brand new films, the second-run cinemas play the films that stopped showing a few weeks ago.

All tix are $2... but Tuesdays are always $1

That's practically free! The ticket cost me 9 Euros today, around 13usd, and the price is not coming down anytime soon.

Pedro is spot on, Inception is an exceptional movie and Chris Nolan is a genius and a master story teller. What a story, what a movie...what an experience!

It was good (and I only saw it once I need to see it again as I was amazed with just the vastness of everything) BUT I feel like the story didn't delve deep enough, they just did some surface stuff (don't want to spoil anything). Leo's character did not have enough emotion, he just played the same character he played in shutter island. I liked it, but everyones screaming best movie ever and I'm not sure I can get behind that. It was beautiful and amazing...but best movie ever? The story was cool and original, but it was not like "OMG that just happened." Idk I must see it again to solidify my opinion, but for me it's surely not the best movie ever.:no:

Awful,awful movie.

If it took Christopher Nolan ten years write this dreck,how long does it take him to write a grocery list?
Because a grocery list would have more of a plot than this shinola.

Do yourself a favor if you haven't seen it....just the watch the previews.
You'll have seen all of the "good parts" of the movie.

cocytus, I respect your opinion on this but strongly disagree with you. That said, I would like to know where you are coming from with your position, what it is that you saw and a whatnot.

However, since the movie is new and I don't want to spoil anything for others on here can I take a rain check to discuss this with you? Let's pick this up in say...late September to early October.

i agree with cocytus. i didnt feel like it had much of a story at all. first, he's right that leo pretty much played the same character as in shutter island, which was disappointing. not because he wasnt cool in si but i would have liked to see something different.

The entire purpose of the film wasnt even to tell a story, it was to explain this big crazy inception system that nolan spent god-knows-how-long working on. Literaly 85 percent of the movie was adding a detail to this layer of dreams and how it all works and the rules and whatever. the story itself was pretty bland, not a prevelant part of the film at all. it just served as a catalyst for the drama.

Dont get me wrong, nolan is a fine director, and it takes a lot of time and patience and creativity to pull of something like this, i just dont think it served the purpose of a film and that is telling a story and developing an interesting character.

not very impressed

hah and a funny story about when i went to see it

we were watching the scene where he is sitting on the ledge outside of the window at the hotel and his wife is on the ledge of the building across from him, then when she jumps leo yells out NNOOOOOOOOO.. jesus.. haha and one of my friends and i just died laughing because i thought it was so bad, everyone was just looking at us because his wife just killed himself and we were cracking up. i couldn't believe they had the flash back and showed him yelling that again!

I think Leo played the same character he did in Shutter Island, but his character in the movie was not as deep. Also I did not think the story was really all that mind blowing like everyone was saying it was.
He was either dreaming, or he wasn't what's so mind blowing about that?
:huh:

I was really looking forward to it, and was honestly amazed.

I loved the heist they had to do for the world of dreams. I was not expecting the heist to try to be pulled off like it was, it really surprised what I thought the movie would be.

It seems different people have polarizing views. Some say classic, some say blah. Isn't this what happens when many classics are released at first (2001, etc.). I'm not saying Inception will definitely become one, but the overall reception seems quite interesting.

I thought the movie was well thought out. Was disappointed with Leo and I also felt the relationship between him and Mal felt fake. Anyway I loved the movie, you really have some questions to think about when it's over. At some points it seems like the movie uses to much head and not enough heart though. I also thought the whole snow dream part could have been done differently. I'd give the movie an 8/10.

I was really looking forward to it, and was honestly amazed.

I loved the heist they had to do for the world of dreams. I was not expecting the heist to try to be pulled off like it was, it really surprised what I thought the movie would be.

It seems different people have polarizing views. Some say classic, some say blah. Isn't this what happens when many classics are released at first (2001, etc.). I'm not saying Inception will definitely become one, but the overall reception seems quite interesting.

yeah man i know what you mean.ex: avatar

Back