IMDB Credit Issues...

I worked as a PA on an pretty legit (but indie) movie over this past summer and now its in post production. Previously to that I had tried to get a PA job at a big production company but they seemed to want people with real experience so now that I have that movie and having worked on a widely known TV show under my belt I was going to try again. The problem is, the IMDB page for the movie I worked on only lists the Key PA in the crew credits list section and no other PA's...

How would I go about getting my name on there so that when I go to try to get the PA job at the production company they can actually see I'm not full of sh*t and what not...? Send an email to one of the producers or something? Is this out of line to be requesting something like this or is it legit? I just worry about annoying someone or whatever...especially if they have upcoming jobs/movies I could potentially work on.

I know I could always have the people call someone for a reference but I just kind of want the IMDB credit to show anyways...

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do or how to go about this?

Go to the movies page
Towards the bottom you will see and "Update" button
Click on it
You'll see a pulldown menu under "Other Crew"
Choose "Add 1 credit"
Scroll down to "continue" and click
Add your name and position

They are pretty good with updating.

Ha!

That is if you get the right person on the job. I've had nothing but head ache from them. We tried having someone add their name once, and they took down our entire listing...why? I don't know. Maybe they thought it was a bogus entry because some random person just added themself...not sure. But then it took months to get our listing back up. And this is coming from a director that has over 10 credits already on there.

They still won't put one my features up there. I've tried over 5 times...3 different people tried to put up this feature listing, and they never accept it. It's being sold online, and it's been in local festivals and everything...but nope. Won't list it.

They still won't put one my features up there. I've tried over 5 times...3 different people tried to put up this feature listing, and they never accept it. It's being sold online, and it's been in local festivals and everything...but nope. Won't list it.

They have suddenly tightened the reigns on what is considered "in the public interest" by their definition. Enter the film in WITHOUT A BOX and you're guaranteed in. Amazon now owns that site too, as well as IMDB and CREATESPACE.

Enter the film in WITHOUT A BOX and you're guaranteed in.

Ya, one of my shorts that won in festival this summer was kindly placed on the bottom of their rejection pile, while another was given a title page the day after it was finished by merely being submitted via withoutabox.

This is the only site that really matters, anyhoo.

They have suddenly tightened the reigns on what is considered "in the public interest" by their definition. Enter the film in WITHOUT A BOX and you're guaranteed in. Amazon now owns that site too, as well as IMDB and CREATESPACE.

Thanks I'll give WaB a go...

Funny what you say about them tightening the reighs...because at the same time we were submitting a finished, screened and distributed feature film with established cast and crew (which took months of sweat and frustration), a friend of ours wasn't even finished with his feature film and they put that right up...and he was a first time director.

You just never know.

Thanks I'll give WaB a go...

Funny what you say about them tightening the reighs...because at the same time we were submitting a finished, screened and distributed feature film with established cast and crew (which took months of sweat and frustration), a friend of ours wasn't even finished with his feature film and they put that right up...and he was a first time director.

You just never know.

Agreed - IMDB can be a huge pain in the ass.... once you already have a profile on there and some credits, it's not too bad to change small things, like a character name or adding yourself to a film that's already up there - but trying to get new titles added, oh man - even if a film has been in a festival they list on their site as an "acceptable festival" they were still asking things like - well, how many entries were there into the festival, how many were accepted? How the hell should I know? All I know is that you have the festival listed as an acceptable festival to qualify for IMDB credit and now you're giving me a hard time about the legitimate-ness of the festival even though you already approved of it?! WTF?

Strange. I've never encountered these problems getting my films up, even if they arnt accepted into fests.

Exactly!

That's why it's so frustrating. I've been active in the submission of two features...on both occasions there have been major issues. One of them finally made it up...the other still hasn't been accepted, and the production company has given up.

Back